PDA

View Full Version : Fierte Steel components

sdeeley
07-25-2006, 07:42 AM
I am researching getting a new bike to replace my custom bike that is 14yrs old. I was wondering where I can find a list of all the components (wheels, tires, handle bars, groupo etc) that are included in the complete bike version. I do not see anything on the website that lists these items nor do I see the an image of the other available color scheme (Arancio Orange/Platinum; Blue w/ white chevron decals). When I first started looking for a new bike my budget was $2K but will be willing to extend that budget for this bike if the components make it that much better than the mainstream bike manufacturers.
Thanks,
Steve

Serotta PETE
07-25-2006, 07:48 AM
You can paint your bike online via the color section on the site. As to components, your dealer can pretty much lay this out for you and quote a price. Since most dealers order a "kit" as they need it, you can custom make it up to your liking. If you want a ball park figure for a "kit" go to COLORADO CYCLIST and see their kit price.

Good shopping PETE

My nephew just got a bike like this from - - yep CYCLESPORT in Park Ridge NJ.

(another add for Mike and Dean)... Hopefully I will get more red wine from Mike!!!

sdeeley
07-25-2006, 08:12 AM
I would still be curious of what is included in the kit. I assume they are high quality, just wanted to know what they are.
It looks like a really fine bike!
Thanks for the input.

dave thompson
07-25-2006, 08:36 AM
I would still be curious of what is included in the kit. I assume they are high quality, just wanted to know what they are.
It looks like a really fine bike!
Thanks for the input.
I don't believe that Serotta sells the complete bike version of the Fierte, it's the dealer that usually furnishes the components according to what the customer wants.

So you would order the Fierte in the size and color scheme you want, then you and the dealer would get together to spec out the bike then he would build it to those specifications.

Ken Robb
07-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Since Fierte is offered as a stock bike only the orange and blue are the only color schemes available unless Serotta would be willing to do custom paint for an upcharge but that really defeats the purpose of the Fierte. A few hundred bucks for a custom paint job would be pushing the cost near a CDA I think.

SoCalSteve
07-25-2006, 12:46 PM
If you go to www.GVHbikes.com and click on Build Kits, it will show you exactly what it takes to build a bike-minus frame-fork.

Their prices are pretty good too!

Good luck,

Steve

Marburg
07-25-2006, 03:31 PM
I think the confusion here is that the Fierte is offered as a stock "frame" -- that is, the frame only comes in pre-defined sizes. I don't think it comes in a stock "bike" -- with all the components pre-defined.

The choice of components will be made by either you or your shop. As has been noted, often there are stock build kits which come as package deals (at a discount price) -- some allow minor substitutions, some allow no substititions.

sdeeley
07-25-2006, 04:02 PM
You are probably right. I saw one at a local store and then was researching it on serotta's website and the components looked identical as far as I could tell from the picture so I assumed they were available as complete bikes.
Thanks!