PDA

View Full Version : Lemond rules ATMO

Vanilla Gorilla
07-25-2006, 02:16 AM
Lemond comments on Landis win

by Mark Zalewski, North American Editor

The American media have been desperately flipping through their Rolodexes to find expert analysis on the Tour win by Floyd Landis. ESPN's Cold Pizza tracked down the first American Tour winner, Greg Lemond, while he was vacationing with his family. When asked if the number of wins by Americans in the last twenty years is a trend, Lemond replied, "It's pure coincidence. We just had some talented individuals come into racing. But what Floyd did was amazing."

Lemond was also asked why it seems that the Americans that win seem to have to overcome great hurdles, with Lemond's hunting accident, Armstrong's cancer and now Landis' hip, "I think anybody who has had a setback... it shows your character," Lemond said. Lemond is also confident that Landis will be able to come back from his upcoming surgery, citing a colleague who had a hip replacement using a new technique, "He has the physiology to be a Tour de France winner, he did it, and I think he will win many more. I am optimistic he will be able to defend his title next year."

Lemond has certainly not hidden his feelings on Armstrong, and when asked who would win today between Landis, him and Armstrong, Lemond at first chuckled, "I am biased! I can't answer that, [laughs.]" But then Lemond got a little more serious. "Every race is different. The race changed dramatically this year. For me I am a strong anti-doping advocate. I think we are seeing a true Tour de France winner, someone who might have otherwise been cheated out of a win."

When asked if he was saying Lance's wins were tainted, Lemond said, "I am not saying that. It goes back to the historical norms, where people got tired and had bad days. It was common to have a bad day when I was racing. I have been waiting for this period since 1998… The French riders are competitive since 1998. They have a much harder dope testing in their country. Watching a race that shows the human drama. I believe you can do the TdF without drugs, you get tired, and the strongest win."

alancw3
07-25-2006, 04:11 AM
i've said it before:

greg lemond = class act

Ray
07-25-2006, 05:54 AM
"The race changed dramatically this year. For me I am a strong anti-doping advocate. I think we are seeing a true Tour de France winner, someone who might have otherwise been cheated out of a win."

When asked if he was saying Lance's wins were tainted, Lemond said, "I am not saying that. It goes back to the historical norms, where people got tired and had bad days. It was common to have a bad day when I was racing. I have been waiting for this period since 1998… The French riders are competitive since 1998. They have a much harder dope testing in their country. Watching a race that shows the human drama. I believe you can do the TdF without drugs, you get tired, and the strongest win."
How, in the name of (insert favorite diety here) can he claim he's not saying that? That's exactly what he's saying and that's all he's saying. I'm not disagreeing with him (like I'm in any position to disagree with him on anything related to pro cycling!), but I gotta call bull***** on this.

-Ray

Fat Robert
07-25-2006, 05:58 AM
sure

he's going to start that crap up again --

not.

look:

greg was being diplomatic.

diplomats are bullsheeyat artists.

so now:

lets all take a break,

lets not go down the fans on the outside rant about greg and lance and drugs,

we've been down that stupid road before.

on to something important:

will the Fat Boys make a comeback with a human beat box tribute to Floyd?

will Floyd be in the video?

will i get to be in the entourage?

atmo
07-25-2006, 06:43 AM
on to something important:
will the Fat Boys make a comeback with a human beat box tribute to Floyd?
will Floyd be in the video?
will i get to be in the entourage?

hipness is?
odd - all roads lead to balco (http://www.lyricsdownload.com/tower-of-power-what-is-hip-lyrics.html) atmo.

Serpico
07-25-2006, 07:46 AM
fyi, the human beatbox died of a heart attack in '95

R.I.P. Darren Robinson

Big Dan
07-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Greg is doing what Greg needs to do..... :cool:

rwsaunders
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't like the decals on his bikes.

taz-t
07-25-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't like the decals on his bikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lick_My_Decals_Off_Baby.JPG

steelrider
07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
fyi, the human beatbox died of a heart attack in '95

R.I.P. Darren Robinson

Ahmen to that. Fatboys tapes and vinyl rocked some great house-parties back in the day. Tunes like, All you can eat, and Can you feel it.

BoulderGeek
07-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Is someone saying that Lance might have been one of these dopers that we've been hearing about?

That's preposterous!