PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ebay ?

tuscanyswe
11-23-2016, 12:35 PM
My favorite jeans are not made anymore hence i got to buy them used once in a while when i c them and they only come in 1 leg length per waist size.

Would you think its the buyer or sellers responsibility to inform if a leg length had been significantly shortened on a pair of trousers/jeans?

If you like me think its obviously the sellers responsibility since you could otherwise effectively be buying shorts even tho the listing specificly says trousers.. would you be okay with paying return shipping for something like this? (about half of the item cost).
The same seller currently have jeans listed where he states he had them shortened by tailor. I guess he just forgot on my item.

Its an insignificant sum it just bugs me that ppl wont take responsibility for their misstakes like i know i would, id never let someone pay for my misstake or missinformation. Id just refund and tell the buyer i was sorry. Just seems like the right thing to do, to me. Am i wrong?

This is not really a biggy to me im just interested to know what expectations ppl have on other ppl in circumstances like this one for instance.

eddief
11-23-2016, 01:05 PM
if the legs are not the ones that came with that waist size originally and there was no mention of that. Duh.

I bought a set of bars right here one time and the owner had shortened the bar ends. As I recall there was no mention. He took em back.

tuscanyswe
11-23-2016, 01:14 PM
if the legs are not the ones that came with that waist size originally and there was no mention of that. Duh.

I bought a set of bars right here one time and the owner had shortened the bar ends. As I recall there was no mention. He took em back.

Exactly and its an honest misstake, i could do it as well. I forget things.

If he had not started with the whole bit about the pants was to be expected to have shrinkage from washing etc i might just have let this slide but now he is just a jerk :/ which is why im seriously thinking of using my first negative feedback on ebay ever but i also kind of like to have never given one :rolleyes: faith in humanity and all that.

eddief
11-23-2016, 01:29 PM
fix it or then negative feedback. I guard my ebay feedback carefully in an attempt to keep me and my flock happy.

Exactly and its an honest misstake, i could do it as well. I forget things.

If he had not started with the whole bit about the pants was to be expected to have shrinkage from washing etc i might just have let this slide but now he is just a jerk :/ which is why im seriously thinking of using my first negative feedback on ebay ever but i also kind of like to have never given one :rolleyes: faith in humanity and all that.