PDA

View Full Version : Etap compatibility

Dan Le foot
11-23-2016, 09:26 AM
Good morning Gang.
So DW has a love affair with the concept of wireless, electric shifting.
She currently runs Record 11. Is Etap compatible?
Thanks.
Dan

ergott
11-23-2016, 09:30 AM
You can actually micro adjust each gear if you want. I did this with a carbon set of wheels I have that have a Campagnolo freehub. Shifts really nice.

ultraman6970
11-23-2016, 11:06 AM
What happened with the FSA wireless group?? still not out in the stores? remember they launched it like 5 months ago.

reggiebaseball
11-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Good morning Gang.
Thanks.
Dan

I ride eTap with C11 wheels and it works quite well,

I am now going to get busy with the micro adjusting that Eric mentions to get it working super perfecto in all the cogs- thanks Eric for the mention of micro adjustments.

ergott
11-23-2016, 12:17 PM
Easiest to do when chain off. I just aligned the pulley with the cog in each gear. It wasn't more than a click or two in each position.

reggiebaseball
11-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Easiest to do when chain off. I just aligned the pulley with the cog in each gear. It wasn't more than a click or two in each position.

come on over nd sort it for me please, I will buy you a beer

ergott
11-23-2016, 01:36 PM
come on over nd sort it for me please, I will buy you a beer

I have a real nice shop in my garage. Beer fridge and all.
:beer:

bfd
11-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Good morning Gang.
Thanks.
Dan

This article says it is completely compatible:

http://www.abovecategorycycling.com/sram-etap-the-honeymoon-is-over/

Short of quick adjustments for wheel changes, we haven’t had to mess with it – one of the beautiful advantages of an electronic system. It even performs brilliantly with CeramicSpeed’s alloy pulley ceramic bearing upgrade, something we’re always slightly hesitant about with a new group. We also found the group to function well (perhaps even a shred quieter than SRAM’s notoriously vocal Red cassette) with Campagnolo’s 11-speed cassettes.

My LBS confirmed compatibility too!

Good Luck!

SoCalSteve
11-23-2016, 02:41 PM
A couple great SRAM sponsored videos on complete installation of Etap on YouTube. I learned a lot from watching them.

Good luck!