PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan Kansas riding

Mzilliox
11-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Any folks around this area? any ride suggestions while im visiting the inlaws? ill be right in town in Manhattan.

thanks so much

tiretrax
11-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Any folks around this area? any ride suggestions while im visiting the inlaws? ill be right in town in Manhattan.

thanks so much

It couldn't be too hard to find the other cyclist in Manhattan, provided he's at home for the holiday.

jmoore
11-22-2016, 11:55 AM
My inlaws live in Manhattan and I've ridden there a bunch. Go west out Anderson Ave and ride until it turns into gravel. Turn left on 24 and ride toward Riley and/or turn right towards Leonardville and back. The traffic will be light and you will get some nice country roads with some rollers.

If you ride past Leonardville, take a left on 82 and that will take you back onto the road where you can catch Anderson again. It's kind of a big square through a lot of ag fields. It's a good ride. And there is a store in Riley on 24 that you can restock fluids, etc.

Mzilliox
11-22-2016, 11:58 AM
My inlaws live in Manhattan and I've ridden there a bunch. Go west out Anderson Ave and ride until it turns into gravel. Turn left on 24 and ride toward Riley and/or turn right towards Leonardville and back. The traffic will be light and you will get some nice country roads with some rollers.

If you ride past Leonardville, take a left on 82 and that will take you back onto the road where you can catch Anderson again. It's kind of a big square through a lot of ag fields. It's a good ride. And there is a store in Riley on 24 that you can restock fluids, etc.

this sounds rad and just what i was after, thanks so much

jmoore
11-22-2016, 12:27 PM
this sounds rad and just what i was after, thanks so much
Watch out for dogs around Leonardville. Other than that, you will be fine.

You can also ride the Linear Trail. It's crushed gravel and goes around the whole city. Easy ride on a road bike, 10-12 miles full length, so I go out and back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jruhlen1980
11-22-2016, 01:46 PM
The mtb trails at Tuttle Creek reservoir get some pretty good reviews but I haven't been on them. I think they're called Fancy Creek trails or something like that.

Otherwise yeah, you go any direction out of town and you'll find gravel.

old_fat_and_slow
11-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Be prepared for some serious wind. The Great Plains are notorious for wind. If you're doing an out and back ride try to plan for against the wind on the way out.

Enjoy your visit.