PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 1000 Queries

Splash
11-22-2016, 04:06 AM
Hello Team.

I have some annoying quirks on this unit and ask if you can assist in removing them.

During my recent 4 hour rides, I seem to have a segment or course or workout appear at about the 2.5 hours mark and it interrupts my recording of the entire ride.

I make sure i disable all segments and courses and workouts on my Garmin before i start the journey, but for whatever reason either a course or segment re-appears automatically.

I also ensure i disable wifi before so that any course or segment or workout cannot be auto uploaded during the ride (if that's possible).

My ride profile disappears and is overtaken by this segment/course that appears. I want to end this course, but my whole ride journey recorded is ended as well.

So, my 4 hour ride record is broken into 2 different recordings and I hate it.

I don't know how to cease a segment/course/workout that suddenly appears on my garmin screen without ending my whole ride duration. I don't know how to keep viewing my ride profile screen (with cadence, HR, speed, etc.) when this segment/course/workout appears.

Sorry for not explaining this too well, but I hope you can assist.

Splash

kramnnim
11-22-2016, 05:44 AM
Is it the same segment that appears each time? Does it happen at the same geographical location?

Splash
11-22-2016, 11:29 AM
not sure. it may be.

ergott
11-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Log into Garmin Connect and see if you have any courses. If you do, try deleting that course.

SoCalSteve
11-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Log into Garmin Connect and see if you have any courses. If you do, try deleting that course.

If you don't do this already, delete all rides as well. In the past, I remember Garmin units got buggy when their ride memory was full.

After you do all the deleting, you may also want to do a reset on the unit. A hard reset if you don't mind starting from scratch.

Worse comes to worse, call Garmin Technical. They can be helpful.

benb
11-22-2016, 11:50 AM
Haven't seen that happen on mine. I have seen it pop up Garmin Connect segments while I'm riding, this started a couple months ago. But other than showing me segment info that I don't care about when I might be trying to maintain pace for an interval it doesn't seem to have any negative effect.

I do think you can totally disable all the segment stuff in Connect, I intend to do so but just haven't gotten around to it. Segments don't pop up very often for me, even though I know I'm probably riding over them every single time I ride.