PDA

View Full Version : OT: The Grand Tour ( aka Top Gear )

SoCalSteve
11-18-2016, 01:03 PM
Hi all,

If you have Amazon Prime and are a fan of the original Top Gear crew, its streaming a new episode every Friday for the next 12 weeks.

Enjoy!

mktng
11-18-2016, 01:04 PM
Been waiting soooo long for this !!!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

jlwdm
11-18-2016, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

If you have Amazon Prime and are a fan of the original Top Gear crew, its streaming a new episode every Friday for the next 12 weeks.

Enjoy!

I see it means they are adding an episode every Friday. Glad I can fast forward as a lot of it has been silly in the past.

First Episode is up and running as mentioned below.

Jeff

Lovetoclimb
11-18-2016, 03:58 PM
The opening scene was so good. Only half way through episode 1 but I already am beyond thrilled seeing those three back together with a similar operating budget.

adrien
11-18-2016, 04:09 PM
Just heard there was a performance by one of my favorite bands (Hothouse Flowers) on the show. I'll check it out.

stephenmarklay
11-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Thanks, I knew that it was coming in November. I will check it out.

oldpotatoe
11-18-2016, 06:31 PM
The opening scene was so good. Only half way through episode 1 but I already am beyond thrilled seeing those three back together with a similar operating budget.

Yup, bet the BBC are not liking their decision, Great intro!! And right into $3million of iron zooming around a track...in 🇵🇹 portugal!!!

R3awak3n
11-18-2016, 11:44 PM
I thought was a pretty great first episode. Seems like somethings are still being worked out in the new format but it can only get better. BBC is definitely regretting their decision.

soulspinner
11-19-2016, 06:07 AM
i thought was a pretty great first episode. Seems like somethings are still being worked out in the new format but it can only get better. Bbc is definitely regretting their decision.

+1

jlwdm
11-19-2016, 07:50 AM
I thought was a pretty great first episode. Seems like somethings are still being worked out in the new format but it can only get better. BBC is definitely regretting their decision.

I doubt BBC is regretting their decision. Did not really have a choice.

Jeff

ultraman6970
11-19-2016, 09:04 AM
I read an article yesterday saying that the show wasnt that good, well in amazon they dont have the same number of viewers than in regular tv tho, and probably now the dynamic trio can do an say whatever they want tho.

R3awak3n
11-19-2016, 09:47 AM
I read an article yesterday saying that the show wasnt that good, well in amazon they dont have the same number of viewers than in regular tv tho, and probably now the dynamic trio can do an say whatever they want tho.

There will always be people that hate everything. There were tons of people that hated top gear.

I am not surprised they don't have the same amount of viewers. They were on public tv before.

radsmd
11-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Thought it was a great episode. So much better than the current Top Gesr.

jlwdm
11-19-2016, 04:48 PM
There will always be people that hate everything. There were tons of people that hated top gear.

I am not surprised they don't have the same amount of viewers. They were on public tv before.

Plus they were on tv all around the world.

Jeff

Cicli
11-19-2016, 04:52 PM
Thought it was a great episode. So much better than the current Top Gesr.

I love the three. Really glad to see them together.

The new top gear is like the Bikes Direct of the TV industry. Same name, not the same bike.

PaMtbRider
11-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Just finished watching. I found it very entertaining and am glad to see those three together again. Looking forward to watching new episodes over the winter.

soulspinner
11-20-2016, 06:59 AM
Just finished watching. I found it very entertaining and am glad to see those three together again. Looking forward to watching new episodes over the winter.

got my wife to watch it last night with me and she thought it was funny and wants to watch more....who knew?

CampyorBust
11-20-2016, 07:02 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/sbdyashie/crytojoy.gif

CampyorBust
11-20-2016, 09:14 AM
It was so good, so good , soooooo goooood!:hello:
So stoked on this show, the traveling tent is great! Not too crazy about the test track, but the American test driver is fantastic, track looked better during the test drive.

Wouldn’t it be great if they had Chris Evans in the audience and had the guys casually walk by during the show and give him a high five? ;)

Now serving at the BBC cafeteria...:D

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/PedalPusher33/Menu_zpsgrhc35hh.jpg
Now that is one diverse and culturally inclusive menu!

There is a hope for humanity after all!

CampyorBust
11-20-2016, 09:15 AM
http://eclectikrelaxation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/delicious-dish.jpeg:D

R3awak3n
11-20-2016, 10:15 AM
got my wife to watch it last night with me and she thought it was funny and wants to watch more....who knew?

my wife did not watch this episode but she never minded when i put top gear on tv. That is why its a great show, everyone can watch it and will enjoy it. You don't have to like cars.

One note from me, one of my least favorite segment, read, I hated it and skipped it all the time, was the celebrity in the reasonable priced car, seems like it might be gone/I hope its gone

PaMtbRider
11-20-2016, 11:34 AM
My wife enjoys it as much as I do. We started watching it 2-3 years ago. At the time Amazon had all the back episodes on Prime. We spent a whole winter watching the whole series of episodes.

stephenmarklay
11-20-2016, 03:24 PM
I liked it. I thought a couple the skits were amateurish and the Nascar driver comments too stereotypical.

But the supercars were great and I look forward to more episodes.