11-18-2016, 06:13 AM
Hard to go wrong with gold though.

cadence90
11-18-2016, 06:56 AM
.... ..

tuscanyswe
11-18-2016, 08:19 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Jagwire-Straddle-Cable-Adjuster-White/dp/B002BZQJ48
Says the are compatible with Euro X but perhaps that is not what you were thinking of?

cadence90
11-18-2016, 09:32 AM
.... ..

batman1425
11-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Are the TRP ones just anodized aluminum? Buy a set and drop them in a jar of oven cleaner. They will be silver in no time.

oldpotatoe
11-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Thank you, tuscanyswe, but as I mentioned in the first post, I do not think these Jagwire will work because of the hex profile of the barrel (as opposed to simple round like the TRP/Campa) + no compatible Jagwire cable clamps, at least that I can find.

Are there really no simple, all-silver, alternatives to the TRP Eur/RevoX set?
Pretty crazy if not.
:crap:

But they do say compatible with TRP Eurox

batman1425
11-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Thank you, tuscanyswe, but as I mentioned in the first post, I do not think these Jagwire will work because of the hex profile of the barrel (as opposed to simple round like the TRP/Campa) + no compatible Jagwire cable clamps, at least that I can find.

Pretty crazy if not.

If there is enough space between the hex section and the end caps for the arms to fit in, it shouldn't matter if the center has the hex profile. Depends on how thick the arms are on the campy brakes.

cadence90
11-18-2016, 11:10 AM
.... ..

batman1425
11-18-2016, 11:13 AM
We're talking about these right? Looks like plenty of room for the arm to fit in the cylindrical sections next to the hex center. The brake arms don't pivot on the central cylindrical section - even on the TRP brakes. The arms ride in the smaller diameter cylindrical channels on either side of the larger diameter center section. The Jagware alternative at least has enough space for the arms of the TRP brakes to fit in next to the center section (which is hex shaped in this case) if they are TRP compatible as claimed. I may be mistaken, but I think you are overthinking the center hex section. The contact point between the arms and the adjuster is the smaller diameter cylindrical groove on either side of the hex nut looking structure. The shape of the center section is irrelevant provided the arms sit in those groves. You also may not need a cable clamp for one end. The standard brake cable end may be sufficient - like how the Paul neo-retros function.

chiasticon
11-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Absolutely, positively, my least favorite color, bar none.I hate gold too. but something about gold chains just does it for me.

nooneline
11-18-2016, 11:58 AM

Pretty crazy if not.

the hexagonal part of those isn't the part that's making contact with the brake - that's the part going between the two plates of each arm. the slots in the barrel shape are what makes contact with the brake arm's two plates. it'll work.

but it's just the barrel adjuster side - not the clamp side.

cadence90
11-18-2016, 08:15 PM
.... ..

nooneline
11-19-2016, 03:24 PM
I just checked my RevoX's - they have silver hardware. Surprised you can't find similar. Good luck!

cadence90
11-19-2016, 04:24 PM
.... ..

cadence90
12-06-2016, 07:11 PM
.... ..