PDA

View Full Version : Former Serotta builder

Grant McLean
07-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Joe Williams frame for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170011363717&indexURL=5&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

(no relation to seller)

g

goonster
07-24-2006, 08:53 AM
I did not know of Joe's history with Serotta, but I've seen a few examples of his work up close, and it is absolutely top notch.

Joe may, or may not, be currently retired from framebuilding. Certainly he has not built many frames in the last five years or so.

Fixed
07-24-2006, 09:34 AM
good singer too

Grant McLean
07-24-2006, 09:41 AM
good singer too

i wonder if all his frames are blue. :)

g

OldDog
07-24-2006, 12:07 PM
my buddy has a copperish/red Williams, built in the mid 90's. Fillet brazed. He likes it and it's still his main ride.

Johny
07-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Beautiful lug work! Anyone knows more info about the builder, Joe Williams?

The lug work reminds me of the famous Serotta TDF cuts. Simply elegant!

Dredd
07-26-2006, 05:37 PM
I just talked to Joe Williams yesterday. He is still building frames. He is currently relocating his equipment. Intresting builder, he has been open to my input on the frame. Althought he retains final say. He is the man with the knowledge. I also had him place me on the bike as he thought I should sit on a bike, my Mx Leader never rode so nice.

Ray
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Beautiful lug work! Anyone knows more info about the builder, Joe Williams?
Joe worked with/for/along side of Luke Shirk in Lancaster County, PA (in Floyd's neck of the woods, but not his sponsoring shop) for several years. I had no idea he'd been with Serotta before hand. His work was always really nice. I had a few acquaintences who couldn't stand the guy and refused to deal with him. I never had any problems with him at all and he helped me out with some repairs. But I never tried to have him build me a frame. He did have some strong opinions but this is not necessarily a bad thing. He often expressed both his love for and disillusionment with the bicycle industry. He moved on a while ago - no idea where he landed.

-Ray