PDA

View Full Version : Not everyoe loves Floyd

jeffg
07-24-2006, 06:44 AM
German paper Süddeutsche Zeitung published an editorial criticizing Floyd for not speaking out on doping and otherwise just being silent. Given that Klöden dedicated his third place to Jan and I don't hear anyone ripping him over that, I submitted this to the editorial board. let's see if they publish it.

"Die Redaktion der SZ ist auch zur kleinen Heuchelei offenbar bereit. Hätte Andreas Klöden gewonnen, stünde in der SZ eine ähnliche Kritik Klödens, der Jan Ullrich ja seinen Dritten Platz gewidmet hat? Der Sieg von Landis in Morzine ist eine der besten Einzelleistungen der letzten Jahren. Wie man auf gut Amerikanisch sagt: "Sour grapes, boys?""

SpaceOdyssey
07-24-2006, 06:54 AM
wunderbahr jeff.

Sehr klahr und direkt.

B

LegendRider
07-24-2006, 07:13 AM
The day after Floyd's magnificent ride, a local rider told me there was no way following a major bonk that anyone could put in that type of effort; therefore, Floyd must be doping. Our sport is so tainted that any outcome is the result of doping - win a race? you must be doping, because how can you win clean when everyone else is doped? Don't perform? Well, you are scared of getting caught so you didn't take your dope... etc... Sad state of affairs (but, not necessarily unexpected).

Squint
07-24-2006, 10:32 AM
That's funny because I've heard that doped riders avoid having bad days that ruin your GC chances, i.e., they seem superhuman.

palincss
07-24-2006, 10:34 AM
The day after Floyd's magnificent ride, a local rider told me there was no way following a major bonk that anyone could put in that type of effort; therefore, Floyd must be doping. Our sport is so tainted that any outcome is the result of doping - win a race? you must be doping, because how can you win clean when everyone else is doped? Don't perform? Well, you are scared of getting caught so you didn't take your dope... etc... Sad state of affairs (but, not necessarily unexpected).

Actually, that's what this forum sounds like at times...

atmo
07-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Actually, that's what this forum sounds like at times...
the post-ers are always ahead of the moderators atmo.