PDA

View Full Version : OT: Kai Lenny ripping it!!!

William
11-14-2016, 05:58 AM
Hey Keith-pal!! :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvISdYzhZCI

William

Vientomas
11-14-2016, 09:25 AM
Dude is a phenomenal athlete.

William
11-14-2016, 10:23 AM
"Can you believe I'm in this thing!!!!" :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYo-p6mmFpc

William

John H.
11-14-2016, 11:28 AM
He appears to be clipped in?

Hank Scorpio
11-14-2016, 04:05 PM
They call it strapped or tow in surfing. Early pioneers were Laird hamilton and his crew in big surf in Hawaii. When does surfing become snowboarding? I mean if you watch how he tweaks that frontside air it is classic Craig Kelly and no one else is doing it now, not even the best aerialists like Josh Kerr, Craig Anderson, Dino, Dane, Jordy. I bet he was regretting popping that method off the top before dropping in on that last wave, it looked like he was too far behind and was going to get drilled into oblivion.

Oh yeah Craig Kelly.

Keith A
11-14-2016, 04:10 PM
Crazy stuff. I don't think you'd get me out there...strapped in or not :eek:

Hank Scorpio
11-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Oh for sure insanely heavy surf. No question about that.

ojingoh
11-14-2016, 05:06 PM
They call it strapped or tow in surfing. Early pioneers were Laird hamilton and his crew in big surf in Hawaii. When does surfing become snowboarding? I mean if you watch how he tweaks that frontside air it is classic Craig Kelly and no one else is doing it now, not even the best aerialists like Josh Kerr, Craig Anderson, Dino, Dane, Jordy. I bet he was regretting popping that method off the top before dropping in on that last wave, it looked like he was too far behind and was going to get drilled into oblivion.

Oh yeah Craig Kelly.

CK - one of my favorite sportspeople. RIP. Spot on analysis btw Hank

William
11-14-2016, 05:56 PM
He appears to be clipped in?

Yes, on the big waves they get going real fast and the wave faces can be real bumpy.

William

Vientomas
11-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Foot straps. Developed initially for windsurfing.