PDA

View Full Version : Is this any better?

shinomaster
07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
It's not mooing or anything....

oracle
07-23-2006, 07:35 PM
not really. just think of the vast wasteland of monoculture soybean fields that went into producing your burger, and then imagine what happened to all of the animals and native plant species that once inhabited those lands..

shinomaster
07-23-2006, 07:39 PM
The box says 100% natural!!!

oracle
07-23-2006, 07:44 PM
but so is asphalt....

shinomaster
07-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Well everything has consequences I guess. I'd eat my legs but I only have two.

oracle
07-23-2006, 07:50 PM
you could always get a wheelchair..

shinomaster
07-23-2006, 07:52 PM
no...I'll just buy more steak I guess....

oracle
07-23-2006, 07:55 PM
road kill is pretty eco-friendly too...

ti_boi
07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
"Ich bin ein Berliner."

H.Frank Beshear
07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
road kill is pretty eco-friendly too...

Hit a nice young ground hog the other dayon a club ride, offered to bring it home and cook it for dinner but had no takers. I'd of made biscuits and gravy to, oh well their loss.

shinomaster
07-23-2006, 08:08 PM
The problem with road kill, is that it mostly isn't prime beef.

oracle
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
maybe if you moved to texas or another ranching state?..

Ginger
07-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Haven't you ever been to one of those wild game dinners? Where do you think they *get* that stuff!

You'd be better off eating choice beef anyhow. It *can* be just as tasty if you pick the right cut...just not as tender and fatty.

shinomaster
07-23-2006, 08:59 PM
If we wern't supposed to eat animals why are they made out of meat?

Fat Robert
07-23-2006, 09:06 PM
tonight, mrs. fat made kebabs with jumbo shrimp wrapped in prosciutto

mmmmmm

shinomaster
07-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Roberto...that sounds great. Try roasting a chicken breast wrapped in thin pancetta.

Fat Robert
07-23-2006, 09:12 PM
oh yeah

you should read up on how they extract isolated soy protein, shino

mmmmmm

hexane and acetone

mmmmmmmmm

thank you industrial farming for creating a "healthy" protein source that uses toxic chemicals, is inefficient, and yields a product of questionable nutritional value....

stay low-tech with your soy protein...tempeh and tofu...and don't eat too much of the stuff...the phytoestrogens can eff with your testosterone levels...30g a day max.

you know, if it wasn't for the whole kreuzfeld-jacob thing, cannibalism would be great option, as long as you were farming from the organic non-smoking population

shinomaster
07-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Sweeney Todd

Fat Robert
07-23-2006, 09:20 PM
hey

you're in a prime harvesting area

get some chicks back to your place

keep em there, yo

Louis
07-23-2006, 09:28 PM
not really. just think of the vast wasteland of monoculture soybean fields that went into producing your burger, and then imagine what happened to all of the animals and native plant species that once inhabited those lands..

Yes, soybeans are cultivated quite intensively, and they do take up the space that could be inhabited by "animals and native plant species" but for an equivalent amount of nutrition (nearly any way you want to measure it) they don't take as much space and don't have as much of an impact on the eco-system as everything that went into creating the steak pictured last time...

Louis

Fat Robert
07-23-2006, 09:36 PM
true, louis.

but

soy protein isolate was generated first as animal food, then the surplus was foisted onto us...and it remains now as a product the industry wants to create because its cheap and profitable....

whole soy products are reasonable from both an environmental and nutritional perspective, but they are also labor-intensive and asian cultures didn't eat a ton of the stuff as a result...mondo tofu consumption didn't take place until post-war, when the processes became industrialized and the japanese started pigging out on the stuff....

i'm non-eco, high on the food chain, and i don't give a rats azz (though i might eat one). i had ham, eggs, beef, shrimp, and prosciutto today...all non-organic and earth-hatin.

what's a fat guy to do?

obtuse
07-23-2006, 09:49 PM
erwin vervecken would eat a garden burger for lunch.

obtuse

Fat Robert
07-23-2006, 09:52 PM
and then bart wellens would kick him

that's 100% pure carnivore aggression

Lifelover
07-23-2006, 11:02 PM
If we wern't supposed to eat animals why are they made out of meat?

Good Point!

oracle
07-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Yes, soybeans are cultivated quite intensively, and they do take up the space that could be inhabited by "animals and native plant species" but for an equivalent amount of nutrition (nearly any way you want to measure it) they don't take as much space and don't have as much of an impact on the eco-system as everything that went into creating the steak pictured last time...

Louis

thanks for the tip. i'm a vegetarian.

Ginger
07-24-2006, 07:23 AM

Louis

Louis,
I'd agree with you if you were talking about organic, sustainably farmed, non-GMO soybeans. But in reality the chemicals; herbicides, fungicides, pesticides, and fertilizer applied to most commercially raised soybeans and other grains and vegetables today are polluting our water and killing off the oceans. (Do you like celery? It is one of the worst offenders when it comes to the amount of chemicals needed to raise it in that pristine state it shows up in at the store.)

Unless you're eating organic, sustainably farmed produce and grains you're still putting a fairly large footprint on the land and causing damage to the earth.

Off my soapbox.

cpg
07-24-2006, 10:44 AM
What's the white snot on the top bun half?

Curt

Birddog
07-24-2006, 11:22 AM
I was wondering that too, although I think it looks more like tartar sauce than snot. Shino, what is that sheeite? And is that double cheese?

Birddog

cpg
07-24-2006, 12:29 PM
That's what I was thinking but in my culinary days we would have called in snot. Not to be confused with jizz. That's something else entirely. Ah... the good ole days. I don't miss the kitchen.

Curt

oracle
07-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Unless you're eating organic, sustainably farmed produce and grains you're still putting a fairly large footprint on the land and causing damage to the earth.

that's what i'm tawkin about! right on ginger.

shinomaster, at least you are thinking about what you are putting into your body, and what the effects of those choices are in the 'bigger picture', if there really is such a thing.

shinomaster
07-24-2006, 01:39 PM
I was wondering that too, although I think it looks more like tartar sauce than snot. Shino, what is that sheeite? And is that double cheese?

Birddog

I'ts not spunk....Its just soy mayo mixed w/ pickles, and mustard...good grief..