PDA

View Full Version : Hoover/Birmingham

Fishy1923
11-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Anyone live there or from there? I'll be in Hoover December 5-9th for some training. Not sure if they have activities lined up for us in the evenings but I'm hoping to get a ride or two in. Will need to rent/borrow a bike so may be too difficult but I'd like to try. So, anyone have any ideas of how to get a hold of a bike (56ish) and if there are group rides still going on (I can bring my own lights etc). I plan on calling one of the local shops around there as well.

lookout2015
11-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Anyone live there or from there? I'll be in Hoover December 5-9th for some training. Not sure if they have activities lined up for us in the evenings but I'm hoping to get a ride or two in. Will need to rent/borrow a bike so may be too difficult but I'd like to try. So, anyone have any ideas of how to get a hold of a bike (56ish) and if there are group rides still going on (I can bring my own lights etc). I plan on calling one of the local shops around there as well.

I'm in Georgia but have gone over there to mountain bike. Oak Mountain is good for that and Tannehill I've heard is good also but haven't tried it yet (both are state parks in the area with lots of trails)

There's a local chain of shops which does rentals: http://cahabacycles.com/
Didn't rent though so can't personally vouch for that. They do have some organized rides and the people at the one I stopped at were very friendly

There's also a local cycling group that does an organized century every year as part of the series of centuries all over AL. I'd guess they have regular rides but their web site is currently being reworked so you might need to email them to see. http://www.bhambikeclub.org/

Fishy1923
11-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. Oak Mountain looks like a great trail! Will check out the links you posted. Thanks again.

Fishy1923
11-18-2016, 06:44 AM
Just bumping for a local to see.

ebaker205
11-18-2016, 07:42 AM
Fishy-
Grew up in Hoover and have a house in Vestavia Hills (right up the road).

Got a Ridley Cx bike your size I can offer. Am currently out of state, but can give you all the info you need.

PM me if interested.