PDA

View Full Version : Watch Recommendation with HRM (chest) and Possibly GPS

pjmsj21
11-10-2016, 11:26 PM
I am in need of a new watch and would also like to have one with HRM capability and possibly GPS for cycling. I would like the simplest and most reliable. I have not had the best luck with Polar although reading through previous posts others have had better luck than me. Thoughts suggestions? TIA

jh_on_the_cape
11-11-2016, 05:58 AM
I use a gps watch cycling but I have it mostly for running. I find most GPS hrm watches are running oriented. I use a garmin forerunner 220. I mountain bike a lot and don't like bar mount for that.
For cycling Look at multisport watches like the garmin 920xt. Often labeled as triathlon watches. They will mesh better with cadence sensors and other bike specific stuff. I think there is a quick release mount for bars too.
Most folks get a dedicated bar mounted unit for cycling.

A hrm only will be cheaper. Like polar.

If you need a new watch and are trying to get something you could wear all the time look at the garmin fenix 3. I was just looking at the forerunner 230 and 235 because you can download watch faces that look like a nice analog display so I can wear it to work. I am worried it will be too big for my skinny wrist.

dustyrider
11-11-2016, 06:28 AM
I've been quite satisfied with my garmin forerunner 25.

jr59
11-11-2016, 06:37 AM
I have no clue.

Gummee
11-11-2016, 07:27 AM
If you're looking ride, run, etc kinds of watches, then the new 735 seems to be a good bet.

If you're just looking for an 'outdoors' watch, then Suunto.

and DCRainmaker's site is probably the best resource for this kind of research

HTH

M