PDA

View Full Version : Synthe fit - MIPS any different?

Dead Man
11-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Howdy gents

In the market for helmets to match our new '17 team kit. I've liked my Synthe probably about as well as I can possibly like a helmet, but only because I just barely fit a size S and it doesn't look like a massive chunk on my head. Perusing the usual clearance sites I'm seeing the MIPS version and figure I might as well try it if it's similar price, but it occurs to me that it's a totally different suspension system - so maybe it doesn't fit the same!

Does anyone happen to know if/how it fits differently than the regular Synthe?

Thanks,

-B

And if anyone has a lead on some whites in S and L for a good season closeout price, lemme know

Lovetoclimb
11-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Sits a bit higher on my head. I had to size up from a medium regular version to a large in the MIPS version.

jwalther
11-11-2016, 06:14 AM
No difference noted for my medium head.

stephenmarklay
11-11-2016, 07:20 AM
I tried both on and they felt the same to me. i guess if you are borderline in fit it might make a difference.

regularguy412
11-11-2016, 07:32 AM
I've not tried the regular one, but I own the MIPS version. Giros fit me well. My head is borderline S - M, and that's the size I get. It seems just a very slight bit smaller than other Giros I've owned (Atmos II, Prolight), but it is not uncomfortable. I still needed to tighten the adjuster a bit. Only change I made was to remove the full brow pad in front and just put little dots of pad on the velcro stickies so they wouldn't gouge my forehead. Mostly did this for airflow purposes.

Mike in AR:beer: