PDA

View Full Version : Winter Recipe to keep the weight steady

stephenmarklay
11-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Eating more veggies is a strategy I use when I am trying to put a dent into the scale and get my girlish figure.

I do eat a big salad 5 out of 7 days which does not hurt but my wife started making me a veggie dish that I love to eat and I can make I meal of it and I am doing that right now.

I will write down the basics here but if anyone wants it more exact I will ask the wife.

Here is the super simple dish.

In large pyrex dish (the size you might make a batch of brownies) she cuts up all kinds of vegetables to bite sized pieces. They are never exactly the same but here are some examples:

Kale or Chard
Mushrooms
Zucchini green and yellow ( almost always for the volume)
egg plant
Red and green peppers
fresh tomatoes
onion (sweet and normal)
cauliflower
broccoli
garlic

She just layers them in the dish until it is full. She then pours one jar (about 24oz) of crushed tomatoes and another 1/2 to 1 jar again filled with water. She adds a bit of garlic powder, onion and pepper. Sometimes basil and oregano.

She then puts it in the oven at 375 for about 45 minutes to 55 (sometimes the veggies are pre-frozen as we buy things on sale and freeze them).

You can top this with parmesan cheese to taste, or if you're vegan you can use nutritional yeast or nothing at all.

I simply love it and just finished my 3rd bowl as I was typing.

Shed those pounds for next year!

ANAO
11-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Are crushed tomatoes tomato sauce? I can't speak for anybody else but I know when I ramp my training up right about now and start to hit back to back to back 12+ hour weeks (okay maybe I'll start December), this will do just fine for an APPETIZER :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stephenmarklay
11-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Are crushed tomatoes tomato sauce? I can't speak for anybody else but I know when I ramp my training up right about now and start to hit back to back to back 12+ hour weeks (okay maybe I'll start December), this will do just fine for an APPETIZER :)

Its just about the size of the tomatoes. You can get them diced too. They are not cooked down like tomato sauce. I am not cook so no clue how it would come out.

ANAO
11-10-2016, 03:45 PM
And this is your whole meal?

stephenmarklay
11-10-2016, 03:50 PM
And this is your whole meal?

Honestly I eat non stop. My logic is the more of this kind of stuff you eat the less of the bad stuff you have time for :)

I will eat this as a part of a meal but I will eat damn bear half of it at a time. It is pretty filling in quantity. Its so good tasting too.

ANAO
11-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Sounds really tasty. I'm going to send to the missus. Solid idea.

stephenmarklay
11-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I’ll take a picture of the next batch so she can get the idea and maybe improve on it.

Louis
11-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Here's another potential ingredient to the recipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3FgfMoO3c

donevwil
11-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Eat whatever you want and ......... drink (alcohol) in extreme moderation. It works, granted I've only succeeded two of the last five Winters.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2016, 10:15 PM
No beer and whiskey. Sorry.