PDA

View Full Version : Seacoast century anyone?

Tickdoc
11-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Just found out I'm headed to New Hampshire next fall to ride the seacoast century for my group's annual big ride!:hello:

Looks to be a beautiful ride hugging the coast at the end of September.

This year was the republic of boulder and it was spectacular. Even got to meet the old spudster, and I'm looking forward to meeting more paceliners at this one.

Any tips From those who have been on this ride before? It's our first trip east. I hope the locals can handle a bunch of rednecks invading their coast.

gdw
11-06-2016, 08:38 AM
It's a fun scenic ride with no hills and little wind. Take your camera and enjoy the views. How long are you staying in the area?

OtayBW
11-06-2016, 10:07 AM
I've ridden it a few times. It is a very nice ride. Flattest century you'll likely find. Be prepared for a wicked head wind the last ~20-30 mi.

MattTuck
11-06-2016, 08:08 PM
If you're in the mood for some hills, head North west about 100 miles and we can ride together.

cd_davis
11-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Hosted by Granite State Wheelmen, the ride hugs the coast with flats and rolling hills mostly in Maine. Well supported, the ride is not hard, but can be windy. And Rainey.
I've ridden the Seacoast Tristate Century 8-10 times. Always fun, 3states in one day- NH, MA, ME.

Tickdoc
11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Looks like a two day event and depending on travel may spend some extra days for a little end of summer vaca.

Will know more over the summer when plans get firmed up.

Matt: I would love to ride some hills!

Bruce K
11-06-2016, 11:37 PM
It's an either/or not a two day.

In the past it has been one day for the general public (pre-register as it can sell out) and one day for the club folks who put it on.

BK

benb
11-07-2016, 09:14 AM
I've done this twice a long time ago, and did a solo century out there once too.

Not necessarily a ride I would travel to, but it's a pretty ride.

Both times I did it there were pretty high winds the entire time we were out along the water.

If riding along the water is what does it for you it's a good route.

It's really flat, I remember seeing a guy pulling a child trailer for the century, probably one of the old 100 mile rides I would ever consider pulling my son on.