PDA

View Full Version : Arione Custom:Made no more?

Dromen
11-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Need some advise from those in the trade.

Myself and another Paceliner need to order a Arione Custom saddle as a thank you for 23 hours of sag support at this years Dirty Kanza. The Fizik website shows only Antares, Gobi, Tundra and Vesta as offerings. True?

I was going to order thru my LBS anyway - Will they have more options than the site offers?

cadence90
11-05-2016, 05:41 PM
How odd. I certainly hope not, but Fizik's custom program has certainly been diminishing over the past few years.

However, I know that Ariones (some, not all) were certainly customizable only a couple of months ago, because I was on the site mocking them up. Also, iirc, the custom option was also listed under each individual saddle (and not only on the "Custom:Made" page), but now it is not, even for the Antares, Gobi, etc.

It is certainly worth writing Fizik a quick email to see if Ariones are actually discontinued or not. In fact, let's all do that, so that perhaps Fizik will re-consider, if they have in fact dropped the Arione.

This company is driving me crazy lately; Ariones are all I use now.

Edit: I just sent Fizik an email. I will post their reply when it arrives.

Dromen
11-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Not sure why but looks like the Arione custom will be available late this year/early next. Maybe....

Dear Steve,

Thanks for contacting us.
Unfortunately our Custom made is not complete at the moment, and a lot of saddles are not available for the Custom.
Our saddles will be customize from December.

King Regards,

Erica Randi
fi'zi:k Marketing

cadence90
11-07-2016, 03:01 PM
I just received a similar email.

It is not clear to me why they only list the Antares, etc. now, but say that other models will be available in December, when those other models were available a couple of months ago. It isn't as if the website itself has changed, either. Oh well, fingers crossed....

Dromen
12-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Arione custom-made saddles back on Fizik site.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

cadence90
12-06-2016, 10:54 PM
Oh, now it's clear why the Ariones were on hiatus for a couple of months.

So that Fizik could increase the custom price of the R3 by $60!

These guys....:rolleyes: