PDA

View Full Version : Electric razors for shaving legs

2wheelwill
11-05-2016, 12:24 AM
Anyone using an electric to shave their legs? If so which one? Burned out on razors but still like the look/feel of clean shaven legs. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Bill
11-05-2016, 04:50 AM
Guilty. For me it is about speed not perfection. 1x week, 15min = done. I like the Panasonic wet/dry like: https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES8243A-Electric-Cordless-Flexible/dp/B001DKMY9Q/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1478343015&sr=1-3&keywords=panasonic+shaver

djg21
11-05-2016, 05:53 AM
Anyone using an electric to shave their legs? If so which one? Burned out on razors but still like the look/feel of clean shaven legs. Thx

Yes. I prefer electric, and use a Phillips Bodygroomer that I bought for under $70. http://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/BG2040_34/norelco-bodygroom-7100-wet-dry-body-groomer-series-7000.

I shave dry. The shave isn't as close as with a razor, but it's close enough,
and find I don't get ingrown hairs like I did when I used a razor. It's also much quicker and more convenient.

Joxster
11-05-2016, 06:18 AM
Get them waxed

Black Dog
11-05-2016, 07:01 AM
Shave with a razor in the shower using soap instead of shaving cream. No mess and just as fast as any electric razor and better results.

MrDangerPants
11-05-2016, 07:17 AM
I've been using a Wahl All-in-One Rechargeable Trimmer (https://home.wahl.com/products/lithium-ion-trimmer-9854-600) for the past few years. It works fine but the quality was quite the opposite. I'm currently in the market for something different, possibly a wet/dry unit. Like something from Braun, Panasonic or Philips.

Cicli
11-05-2016, 07:29 AM
This guy has some good ideas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QAjZaSlWG50

But seriously. Electrics dont work so well for me.

jc031699
11-05-2016, 08:03 AM
I didn't know it was possible until I saw De Vlaeminck shaving his legs with an electric razor in A Sunday in Hell. How's that for an endorsement?

bcroslin
11-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Yup, electric here. I start dry if my legs are hairy and then finish in the shower.

Not even sure why I do it anymore other than it's gotten to the point that hairy legs look weird to me.

ultraman6970
11-05-2016, 08:52 AM
I used electric razor back in the day aswell. They do work ok.

There was one made for women that worked better IMO, the head was round not rectangular like male models.

makoti
11-05-2016, 01:07 PM
I used one at first to avoid bumps & ingrown hairs. Then I learned how to shave properly (DE razor, good soap & brush) and never looked back. SOOO much nicer. Electric was a good way to always have stubbly legs.

Louis
11-05-2016, 01:58 PM
True tough guys are man enough to use Epilady.

ultraman6970
11-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Have used that too :D

Dead Man
11-05-2016, 03:14 PM
True tough guys are man enough to use Epilady.

That twisting wire spring thing? My mom had one of those... I remember the one time she attempted to use it.

And so does everyone else in that apartment building.

Louis
11-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Years ago when my left knee was 'scoped they said I needed to remove all the hair at, above and below my knee and suggested a depilatory cream. I used Nair - it was surprising (and a bit scary) how well it worked.

I don't remember them having this men's type shown below (which is probably the exact same thing as the women's, but with a different scent) and I bought the ladies' flavor. No issues.

I assume cyclists don't use the cream because of the cost, but don't really know.

https://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/511391/450.jpg

eddief
11-05-2016, 05:54 PM
on your bikini line and underarms?

Louis
11-05-2016, 05:57 PM
on your bikini line and underarms?

PM sent.

djg21
11-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Years ago when my left knee was 'scoped they said I needed to remove all the hair at, above and below my knee and suggested a depilatory cream. I used Nair - it was surprising (and a bit scary) how well it worked.

I don't remember them having this men's type shown below (which is probably the exact same thing as the women's, but with a different scent) and I bought the ladies' flavor. No issues.

I assume cyclists don't use the cream because of the cost, but don't really know.

https://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/511391/450.jpg

I tried Nair years ago and it burned the crap out of my legs. I had big raised welts on my shins and calves.

Louis
11-05-2016, 06:19 PM
I tried Nair years ago and it burned the crap out of my legs. I had big raised welts on my shins and calves.

Hmmm. You must have been allergic to something in there.

I guess one possible approach to that issue is to first do a test on a 1" x 1" area, and see what happens. It worked fine for me.

makoti
11-05-2016, 07:30 PM
That twisting wire spring thing? My mom had one of those... I remember the one time she attempted to use it.

And so does everyone else in that apartment building.

I bought one for a lady I knew. Seemed like a good idea. She thanked me, tried it, and asked "Why do you hate me?"

makoti
11-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Get them waxed

Yeah...about that.
I did it once when I was going on a trip and didn't want to mess with shaving, painful but very effective.
A year later, same thing so I went back to the same place to get it done again. I asked the girl at the desk for a leg wax & she starts SCREAMING at me "No! No! We don't do that! Go away! We don't do that!" I'm a bit embarrassed, with some half dozen women sitting there & I'm like, You don't wax legs? She keeps yelling & finally the manager runs up, they start going back & forth in Thai, and all of a sudden the one yelling goes, "Oh! Ok." The manager looks at me & says "She thought you wanted a hooker".
So I'd call ahead.

Louis
11-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Hmmm. From what I've heard (of course) from a 1 to 10 level of kinkiness, I bet a leg wax is down around 1 or 2, whether it's consensual or not.

Gummee
11-06-2016, 07:34 AM
I didn't know it was possible until I saw De Vlaeminck shaving his legs with an electric razor in A Sunday in Hell. How's that for an endorsement?

I watched that eons ago and didn't pay too much attention. Then I re-watched it a bit ago and went 'hmmmm' so I tried it. Works fine. Not as close as razors and shaving cream, but effective enough.

Ruins the razor for your face tho, so you need a dedicated leg razor

M

earlfoss
11-06-2016, 08:50 AM
I am using a Lady Remington that is probably 20 years old at this point. I have tried to replace it with a few newer ones, but none of those have been able to handle the work as well as my trusty Lady Remington. I guess humans had tougher, more wiry hair 20 years ago.

Joxster
11-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Hmmm. From what I've heard (of course) from a 1 to 10 level of kinkiness, I bet a leg wax is down around 1 or 2, whether it's consensual or not.

The girls enjoy something off piste, when you explain why you're getting your legs done they like to talk and play 😉😉😉 they suggest going higher and they get naughtier 😉😉

rusty1200
11-07-2016, 04:34 AM
Wax them

ChrisG
11-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Shave with a razor in the shower using soap instead of shaving cream. No mess and just as fast as any electric razor and better results.This.

djg21
11-07-2016, 08:20 AM
There is no right or wrong answer here, despite opinions that many here want to offer and espouse as definitive fact. Do whatever works for you! If you want to try electric, they aren't too expensive. If you want to try to get waxed and perhaps risk being charged with solicitation, go ahead. For purposes of cycling, you don't need to have perfectly manicured legs (or to shave at all). If it's a matter of sleeping in the same bed with your significant other, there may be a benefit to avoiding stubble.