PDA

View Full Version : Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon wheels ...UCI?

thirdcog
11-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Guys, I have and am selling a set of Fulcrum Quattro carbon wheels, and an interested party asked a good question related to whether these wheels are UCI approved. Looking at various UCI lists, they do list other models but not this specific line from Fulcrum. While I suppose that means they aren't necessarily UCI approved wheels, I know folks who've raced on these.
I'm not in that orbit so I thought I'd ask you guys.

fignon's barber
11-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Tell him to refer the question to his team mechanic, or perhaps his agent. Sounds like the prospect is trolling you.

simonov
11-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Tell him to refer the question to his team mechanic, or perhaps his agent. Sounds like the prospect is trolling you.

Yeah...it's a pretty small subset of people who 1) need their wheels to be UCI approved and 2) don't get those wheels with their team supplied equipment.

But if you're curious, those wheels are not on the UCI approved lists here http://www.uci.ch/inside-uci/rules-and-regulations/equipment-165067/.

Dave B
11-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Also a very clever way to try to sell something here. :D

false_Aest
11-03-2016, 11:31 AM
I like how Fulcrum has trademarked "Anti-Rotation System"

Maybe not the best wording for wheels.

Dead Man
11-03-2016, 11:40 AM

Maybe not the best wording for wheels.

i lol'd

Dead Man
11-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Does your buyer mean UCI? are you in Europe? There are other governing bodies for amateur racing in other countries that have their own rules.... dude asked me about whether a set of EC90 Aeros I was selling were approved by the Try-athletic association, which I don't know jack **** about and could not give him in answer for. They were, in the end, but because I'd stripped the paint and there were no labels, homeboy said they wouldn't be allowed on his son's try-athlete bike.

Weird stuff.. but whatever

cmbicycles
11-03-2016, 12:02 PM
They were, in the end, but because I'd stripped the paint and there were no labels, homeboy said they wouldn't be allowed on his son's try-athlete bike.

Weird stuff.. but whatever

Homeboy should've just slapped some decals on them, done. No one would have known or cared... unless the labels weren't big enough. They gotta be huge and LOUD for triathlete gear it seems... says the guy who does triathlons on stealth wheels. ;)

thirdcog
11-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Sorry, not trying to cleverly sell wheels here. (I run another online forum, so I can appreciate the concern about members doing that, so I apologize for what seems like a back-handed selling post).

The buyer is after wheels for a family member who will be racing (junior...triathalon, I think). I had looked at the UCI lists, assumed they weren't UCI approved since these exact ones were not listed. Just wondered if anyone had specific experience with these wheels in that setting. The original owner, from whom I purchased these did race on them, so not sure if he just never got "caught" or whether it mattered. This is in USA.

Thanks for the thoughts and feedback. I'll assume they are not approved formally.

fignon's barber
11-04-2016, 08:01 AM

I thought that was a fancy name for your brakes.