PDA

View Full Version : The new job is awesome--first 90 days are in the books:)

spiderman
11-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Well I took a new job that landed me in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The first 90 days with boots on the ground are incredibly formative. Actually it was the second 90...the first were as a locums and the second after becoming "permanent".
I have several favorite routes right from the house and many where Trubaby is a welcome guest. Perfect day for giving thanks, getting out the paceline gear and wearing out the tread on the forum Firefly. 38 degrees at the start and 64 at the finish on November 2nd! Wow--pretty sweet day off in the middle of the week...
Here's to sweet, sunny Autumn riding
Spidey

Steve in SLO
11-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Glad to hear things are working out. Looks like a fun place to ride.
That is one lucky pooch who was very lucky to find you guys.

weisan
11-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Many moons ago, Spidey and I talked about going back to the place he grew up in the Black Hills and do some serious riding. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Buuuuuuttt, now that he's permanently planted there, maybe...just maybe...one of these days....you never know. :D

Spidey pal, glad to hear that things are working out better than expected. The only downside to this new job it seems is we don't hear from you as often as before. I hope this is only a temporary anomaly due to the "probation" period, now that you are in the clear, we will see more pictures of you and the dog...especially when the fun starts with the snow! :banana:

tiretrax
11-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Congratulations on the job change. That looks like a cool monstercrosser. How will it work in the snow?

Your dog is cool. I wish mine could run alongside me. Its hard enough to get her to walk with me rather than chase every scent she crosses.

AngryScientist
11-02-2016, 08:29 PM
hey spidey!

excellent picture. i have the same jersey and it is indeed a nice piece.

the look on your face tells the tale. good to see you out riding and enjoying life with the pooch. keep up the good work!:beer:

Tandem Rider
11-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Congrats on scoring an excellent new position and places to ride. :beer:

Best of luck to those among us who are just a few months behind you, we all should have as rewarding occupations. :)

spiderman
11-02-2016, 09:47 PM
I think the schedule will settle down a bit after the first of the year.
I'm thinking about getting a salsa spearfish or a custom 44...
Since the clinic bought a bamboo Calfee for display I am considering
A DIY adventure Calfee with a belt drive and studded fatties for winter:)
Either way the new practice has been a blast primarily because
Of the incredible staff I have the great chance to work with...

WWW.BHUCARE.com