PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Question Atmo

atmo
07-21-2006, 07:58 PM
i missed it yesterday -
they reported in tonite's recap that hipstrong changed
bikes yesterday (and lost 40? seconds) because his h'bars
snapped. are there details available atmo?

dave thompson
07-21-2006, 08:01 PM
i missed it yesterday -
I saw the clip on OLN last night and understood that he had a broken spoke. It was commented that the bike change took 10 seconds.

atmo
07-21-2006, 08:04 PM
I saw the clip on OLN last night and understood that he had a broken spoke. It was commented that the bike change took 10 seconds.
well 10 minutes ago it was a broken handlebar and 40+ seconds atmo!

Grant McLean
07-21-2006, 08:04 PM

that's what i saw.

there was smoke pouring out of Floyd's powertap hub,
and the heat started melting the spokes until his rear wheel burst
into flames, and they had to use 70 waterbottles to put out the fire.

g

atmo
07-21-2006, 08:08 PM
that's what i saw.

there was smoke pouring out of Floyd's powertap hub,
and the heat started melting the spokes until his rear wheel burst
into flames, and they had to use 70 waterbottles to put out the fire.

g
well then what was al talking about around
9:10 est wrt hipstrong's bike change and his
flubbed tt start each costing him nearly 2 minutes
cumulatively atmo?

Grant McLean
07-21-2006, 08:15 PM
well then what was al talking about aroubd
9:10 est wrt hipstrong's bike change and his
tt start flub each coating him nearly 2 minutes
cumulitavely atmo?

Al ?

http://www.tellytunes.com/wallpapers/dstrokes_1024.jpg

g

bcm119
07-21-2006, 08:51 PM
i missed it yesterday -
I thought his handlebars broke in the first tt, stage 7. Yesterday he changed bikes due to a broken spoke atmo.

atmo
07-21-2006, 08:55 PM
I thought his handlebars broke in the first tt, stage 7. Yesterday he changed bikes due to a broken spoke atmo.
hey i was close atmo.
is this how rumors begin?

Ray
07-21-2006, 08:56 PM
He changed bikes because of a bad spoke. It didn't take any more time than a typical wheel change - probably less - and he was back on top of the other two guys still surviving with him within seconds. It was a non-issue.

-Ray

BoulderGeek
07-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah, the bars and 40 seconds was the first TT.

Yesterday it was spoke and a near seamless change.

I loved how he simply dropped a $10K carbon BMC SLC01, and on its way down, he grabbed the $1 water bottle from the cage. Priorities.

SoCalSteve
07-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, the bars and 40 seconds was the first TT.

Yesterday it was spoke and a near seamless change.

I loved how he simply dropped a $10K carbon BMC SLC01, and on its way down, he grabbed the $1 water bottle from the cage. Priorities.

I saw that too and thought how the bike means so little to them as they have as many of them as they need to get the job done. It's just a tool to them...

He looked so calm and relaxed when he got off the bike, all composure, very secure, very much a professional. What a guy!

Steve

Couldnt have taken more than 10-15 seconds for the whole thing to evolve.

bironi
07-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I saw that too and thought how the bike means so little to them as they have as many of them as they need to get the job done. It's just a tool to them...

He looked so calm and relaxed when he got off the bike, all composure, very secure, very much a professional. What a guy!

Steve

Couldnt have taken more than 10-15 seconds for the whole thing to evolve.

I agree. 10 secs max. Cool, calm, and collected. And I have to think a bike is nothing more than a tool to those on the top of this sport. I am however certain they all want the best tool for the job.

Byron

coylifut
07-21-2006, 10:26 PM

that's what I do with my Sachs CX bike when I need a change. No disrespect, but it's just a tool ya know.

Hey Atmo. He uncliped his right foot swung is around the back and did a perfect cross dismount. Smoother than some of the CX pros I've seen. Could you imagine him on a CX course. Angry Mennonite beer drinkin ex mountain biker. They should just give em the rainbow stripes now.

obtuse
07-21-2006, 10:28 PM
that's what I do with my Sachs CX bike when I need a change. No disrespect, but it's just a tool ya know.

Hey Atmo. He uncliped his right foot swung is around the back and did a perfect cross dismount. Smoother than some of the CX pros I've seen. Could you imagine him on a CX course. Angry Mennonite beer drinkin ex mountain biker. They should just give em the rainbow stripes now.

bart wellens would eat him for lunch.

obtuse

shinomaster
07-21-2006, 11:50 PM
I though Bart was a walking zombie of smack?

coylifut
07-22-2006, 01:08 AM
bart wellens would eat him for lunch.

obtuse

I wanna see bart kick a drunk spectator again, that was great. I'd even buy the guy the beer.

davids
07-22-2006, 07:52 AM
He looked cool and calm to me, too, but I read a report somewhere that said he was screaming, "C'mon, C'mon, C'mon!!!" at the team car during the entire change. It's like Rashoman around here sometimes, atmo...

But I did love how he kicked the $10k bike to the curb, but grabbed the waterbottle!