PDA

View Full Version : Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock 55

Needs Help
07-21-2006, 02:35 AM
Coppertone Sport 50 can really bug my eyes. The fumes(?) periodically make my eyes start watering which blinds me. I read somewhere that the Neutrogena stuff uses some new process that is better than other sunblocks. Subsequently, I saw the Neutrogena sunblock at WalMart, so I bought a tube. You only get 3 oz. v. 8 oz. for the Coppertone, but it cured the eye problems I was experiencing. Since it is more expensive, I just use it on my face, and I use Coppertone Sport on my legs and arms. If you've had problems with Coppertone Sport, you might want to give the Neutrogena stuff a try.

Frustration
07-21-2006, 08:33 AM
I use sunglasses!

tuco
07-21-2006, 05:12 PM
i just went through a similar drill. transparent zinc oxide is that of which you speak. some recollections:

start here, i think, and look at Z-COTEŽ
http://www.cosmetics.basf.de/countryselect.aspx?GrpID=CS

johnson and johnson (J&J) owns neutrogena and aveeno. J&J markets this stuff in a confusing manner: neutrogena calls the transparent zinc oxide "helioplex" while aveeno calls the same stuff "active photobarrier complex." you can get lip balm containing transparent zinc oxide as well as find other products using the same (e.g. Dermatone; REI carries the lip balm and ... ?).

the gist of the message is that similar formulations tended to be broken down by the sun thus requiring frequent reapplication. the z-cote formulation is supposed to last longer (than say 30 minutes). i seem to recall four or five hours of protection is sitting on the beach with a beer ... or a couple hours on the bike.

i am currently testing AVEENOŽ CONTINUOUS PROTECTION™ Sunblock SPF 45 on one side of my face and the traditional brilliant white zinc oxide on the other side. results? the transparent cheek gets more kisses :)

swoop
07-21-2006, 09:54 PM
they all burn. there is a fix... i wear a wristband.. upland sports/capo makes them. it's the perfect get the sweat out accesory.