PDA

View Full Version : Some historical perspective on Stage 17 from Lemond

Zard
07-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Greg LeMond, Three-time winner of the Tour de France
"This was easily the best day I've seen in cycling in years... maybe ever. This is the sort of ride done by a Merckx or a Hinault. I sure never did anything like that. These past two days - yesterday's big loss, coupled with today's heroic ride - puts him up there with the real heroes of the Tour.

Seeing him up on the podium today was a real joy... he was genuinely happy and you almost felt like you were up there with him. This Tour may go down as one of the greatest ever. Look at what's happened over these past three weeks. The racing is as good as it gets... the furthest thing from a foregone conclusion that one could hope for. This is bike racing!"

Michael Maddox
07-20-2006, 09:06 PM
I guess Floyd hasn't threatened Greg's life yet.

Seriously, great words from a great cyclist. We still love you, Greg!

Big Dan
07-20-2006, 09:11 PM
I guess Floyd hasn't threatened Greg's life yet.

Seriously, great words from a great cyclist. We still love you, Greg!

:D

Fixed
07-20-2006, 10:21 PM
cool

coylifut
07-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Greg summed up quite well what many of us felt today. I remember watching the LeMond - Fignon show down. It was quite exciting, but much different. Great stuff.

shinomaster
07-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Effin awsome! In the old days people had bad days, and good days. It seems that only Lance and Indurain were immune to this normal phenomenom.

Climb01742
07-21-2006, 03:21 AM
we saw history yesterday. i'm happy i got to witness it. very generous words from greg, spoken more like a fan than a legend. cool. very cool.

when you see an athlete do what floyd did, it "touches" everyone. everyone becomes a fan again.

William
07-21-2006, 05:24 AM
That's one of the things I love about sports....watching the emotions and the guts to dig deep and turn a defeat into glory. To twist and old saying: Going from the agony of defeat, to the thrill of victory. :banana:

That was one for the books. :cool:

William

chrisroph
07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Classy statement that sums it up.