PDA

View Full Version : Aero basebar with the widest clamping area

spartanKid
10-18-2016, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure how successful I'll be getting an answer with this question, but I'll try anyway!

Does anyone know of an alloy base bar with a very large clamping area? I want to widen my aero bar setup for pursuits/kilo on the track.

I have a Deda Crononero Lowrider (which I like for the drop) but the clamping area is pretty narrow (about 3.25"), so the bars have to be relatively narrow.

I have also used a Profile Design T2, which has a bit wider clamping area (about 4.5") but I prefer having a bar with some drop to it for starts.

Does anyone have a FSA Vision Trimax alloy? It looks appealing to me, but I'd like to know how much clamping area it has.

Thanks

rockdude
10-19-2016, 08:50 AM
Not answering your question but I would wager you are faster with a narrow width extensions. If your position is adjust properly your extensions are just for stabilization and when they are narrow your CdA will be much lower. Once you go into the aero bar you should be at speed in the Kilo and its just about keep the cadence up. In the pursuit, narrower is better because of the lower CdA. Sorry for the derailment but this is the way I see it.

echappist
10-19-2016, 03:21 PM
the most adjustable one is Zipp Vuka Alumina, which presumably would afford you a large distance between the riser stacks

spartanKid
10-19-2016, 04:01 PM
Not answering your question but I would wager you are faster with a narrow width extensions. If your position is adjust properly your extensions are just for stabilization and when they are narrow your CdA with be much lower. Once you go into the aero bar you should be at speed in the Kilo and its just about keep the cadence up. In the pursuit, narrower is better because of the lower CdA. Sorry for the derailment but this is the way I see it.

This is my assumption as well, but right now with the Dedas I don't even get the option of trying them any wider than extension clamps touching the stem.