PDA

View Full Version : OT: Thought going forward.

cdn_bacon
10-18-2016, 01:34 PM
Hug your kids, hug your spouse/lover/mate,hug your bike hug, your dog, cat whichever you find close to you.

I'm trying not to bring religion into this, but yesterday I attended a funeral for my cousins children Lauren (22) and Michelle (16) and Lauren's boyfriend who passed away after a head on collision with another driver (49) that they are still determining the cause but high speed was involved by the other driver. I am not looking for sympathy, but I just wanted to bring light to a subject we probably take for granted.

Those we "love".

My cousin Daren and his wife Allison are very ordinary church going, God loving folk and lead a very for lack of better words unexciting lifestyle. The girls loved the arts, reading and the biggest vice in the family was watching Sons of Anarchy on TV. My godparents ( their grand parents) for excitement are bird-watchers, crossword puzzlers, readers and musicians. This travesty has literally turned their lives upside down. They have continued to preach the word of God and will continue to attend church. They are angry, but do not blame

My cousin Darren (who I now know to be one of the strongest people I've ever met) went on local TV last night after watching his two girls depart in funeral vehicles, did not blame anyone, but to simply deliver the message

"Hug your kids"

Because you never know.And sometimes we simply forget.

Mzilliox
10-18-2016, 01:40 PM
great message! :hello:

hug your dogs too, i just hugged mine, and if those damned chickens would hold still I'd hug one of them too.

ORMojo
10-18-2016, 01:44 PM
I know - first hand - what you speak of, and it is all that matters. "watching his two girls depart in funeral vehicles" . . . having watched one of mine . . . ~2.5 years ago and the pain has still not diminished . . . I can barely conceive of what your family is enduring.

Indeed: Hug your kids.

My deepest condolences and thoughts are with your family.

Tandem Rider
10-18-2016, 02:14 PM
I buried a son 18 years ago. I still hurt every day, you do get better at dealing with it. Time and time spent with with loved ones, that is all that matters or helps.

ColonelJLloyd
10-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Great sentiment. We should all let our loved ones know what they mean to us more than we likely do.

soulspinner
10-18-2016, 02:58 PM
I buried a son 18 years ago. I still hurt every day, you do get better at dealing with it. Time and time spent with with loved ones, that is all that matters or helps.

God bless you and yours.

Keith A
10-18-2016, 03:00 PM
cdn_bacon -- My heart goes out to your family for this tragic loss...and for the others on this forum who have lost one of their children. I can't imagine loosing one of my girls. I know this happens all the time, but this has to be one of the most difficult things to endure.

carpediemracing
10-18-2016, 03:12 PM
I can't imagine loss of such young family.

Got a hospital bed delivered for my dad. I asked the guy if it was depressing delivering these "death beds" if you will. He looked at me, asked me how old my dad was. 81. He says, your dad, he lived a long life, he has family that care for him, it's how it's supposed to be. He says that he recently delivered a bed for an 18 year old. "Here, try this" at some party. Now the kid is brain dead.

That put things in perspective.

Junior kept running in while we were setting up the bed, updating me on his Lego progress (we just got him the small/regular size Legos, so he's learning how to play with those, harder to assemble, harder to disassemble, they're easier to lose, etc). He's such a good kid.

1happygirl
10-23-2016, 11:40 AM
cdn_bacon -- My heart goes out to your family for this tragic loss...and for the others on this forum who have lost one of their children. I can't imagine loosing one of my girls. I know this happens all the time, but this has to be one of the most difficult things to endure.

Can't say more, or more eloquently.

shovelhd
10-23-2016, 03:35 PM
God bless you and yours.

+1. What a horrible situation.