PDA

View Full Version : Saddle sore now cyst

DerekB
10-18-2016, 11:17 AM
I got a saddle sore a few weeks back. I lanced it last week. Now it is a smaller cyst.
Any advice? Time to see a doctor?

MattTuck
10-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Keep it clean and dry, stop riding, see a doctor.

nash
10-18-2016, 11:19 AM
I would see a doctor. That happened to me and did not go away til I did a run of antibiotics. It was basically a staph infection.

Could be a million things. Could go away on its own. But if you have a doctor and insurance it never hurts to have a pro look it at.

thwart
10-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Could go away on its own. But if you have a doctor and insurance it never hurts to have a pro look it at.

Good advice. If still painful and red I certainly would... then it's more of a 'boil' than a 'cyst'.

soulspinner
10-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Go to a doc.

Lewis Moon
10-18-2016, 11:31 AM
i've had luck putting band aids specifically designed for wet conditions down there. It pads the area relatively well. Get the type with the clear adhesive backing that completely surrounds the central pad. clean the area where you stick it and DON'T use chamois cream.

Caveat: this works for me.

Dead Man
10-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Ingrown hair? Boils that refuse to heal always seem to be ingrown hairs for me. I get syringes from the pharmacy to dig the hair out.... works pretty good. Once the hair is out, the wound dries up and starts healing inside of 24 hours

This thread is useless without pics tho

Lewis Moon
10-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Ingrown hair? Boils that refuse to heal always seem to be ingrown hairs for me. I get syringes from the pharmacy to dig the hair out.... works pretty good. Once the hair is out, the wound dries up and starts healing inside of 24 hours

This thread is useless without pics tho

Projectile vomiting emoji.

TheEnglish
10-18-2016, 02:31 PM
This is your opportunity to dope to the gills. Take full advantage NOW! :D

BdaGhisallo
10-18-2016, 02:42 PM
Go and see a doctor! I had this happen some years back and put off the doctors visit, and kept riding as long as I could stand the pain.

Long story short... I ended up having to have what I termed "open ass surgery" and spent 3.5 months off the bike while my crotch recovered. Trust me when I say that you don't want to be laying on your back with your legs spread wide open with a surgeon wielding a scalpel down there. Avoid it if you can!!!!

Louis
10-18-2016, 02:47 PM
There's a easy enough solution:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzI3WDUwMA==/z/sxUAAOSwBLlU5zN0/$_32.JPG

Joxster
10-19-2016, 01:27 AM
Back in the day you'd wipe the area with surgical spirit every morning, it cleans, disinfects and toughens up. I have a perinium like rhino hide and only suffered when an ex put broken glass in my chamois.

DerekB
10-19-2016, 07:48 AM
Thanks all. Just went to the doctor. Steroid shot right in there. Picking up antibiotics now. Scheduled a follow up in 3 weeks. If it is still there doc will chop it out. I'll ask if he can use the soldering iron. I think I would prefer that to broken glass😉
Louis I have that exact iron.
Joxster, I think you win the prize!
Dead Man I'm pretty sure not ingrown hair but will keep an eye out😜

benb
10-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Good luck.

I actually showed one to the dermatologist this morning. (I went for a yearly skin cancer screening) Saved a little embarrassment in that it was in a place that didn't require me to remove my underwear.

The doctor said it was just a friction rash. Recommendation was to keep trying to isolate bike related causes, but also to switch to a different soap as soap drying your skin can be a concern, also said not to use any drying products like acne wipes. And use chamois cream.

And the doctor instantly without me even asking offered up a prescription for steroid creams.. made me think of the TUE scandals. It was just like "BAM, here you can have these!" That part was a little shocking. Personally I think I just need to get the right saddle and/or make some slight position changes.

loimpact
10-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Back in the day you'd wipe the area with surgical spirit every morning, it cleans, disinfects and toughens up. I have a perinium like rhino hide and only suffered when an ex put broken glass in my chamois.

:eek::eek::eek:

She's since been accidentally pushed in front of a moving bus, right? :p

Shortsocks
10-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Lol.
This thread is awesome. Please go see a Dr. Something like this has happened to a lot of us, for me, I wish I was less stubborn and went and saw my doctor originally or I wouldn't have been off my bike for a couple of months. Just do it get it over with and move on.

tctyres
10-19-2016, 09:12 AM
A big part of any problem along the saddle is cleaning and disinfection. White vinegar, apple cider vinegar (ACV), and rubbing alcohol are all good at cleaning the skin away from any orifices or tender areas.

Glad the OP is on the way to recovery.

bcroslin
10-19-2016, 10:09 AM

um, wow. speechless. :eek:

KidWok
10-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Lance it, keep it clean, keep riding and pound it into submission!!!:banana::banana:

Tai