PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hey thanks, there, Canada!

572cv
10-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Canada watches with some neighborly concern as we approach our elections....

www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/world/americas/sympathetic-canadians-have-a-message-for-americans-you-guys-are-great.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=MostEmailed&version=Full&src=me&WT.nav=MostEmailed&_r=0

Thanks, you guys. You're really so kind; We love you too! :beer:

Cicli
10-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Canada watches with some neighborly concern as we approach our elections....

www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/world/americas/sympathetic-canadians-have-a-message-for-americans-you-guys-are-great.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=MostEmailed&version=Full&src=me&WT.nav=MostEmailed&_r=0

Thanks, you guys. You're really so kind; We love you too! :beer:

Yeah, wait till Whoopie goes back. Wont be thanking us then will you.
Oh, take Beiber too.

Black Dog
10-17-2016, 07:44 PM
Yeah, wait till Whoopie goes back. Wont be thanking us then will you.
Oh, take Beiber too.

Nope. If you would not mind keeping Bieber and CĂ©line Dion that would be great. But, you know if us taking them back would keep Donald out of office then I think we would do it for you.

zzy
10-17-2016, 11:46 PM
This is really a kindly swipe at Trump and his 'make America great again' slogan. Canadians really hate the American right (okay except Alberta) and this is pure Canadian passive aggression combined with genuine appreciation. Honestly though things are really great in the US right now - unemployment as low as it's been since the 90s, crime at historic lows, incomes (finally) rising, several landmark progressive social policies have been enacted, etc.

unterhausen
10-18-2016, 12:48 AM
I'm pretty sure we lost a bet with Canada, and we have to keep Bieber.

oldpotatoe
10-18-2016, 05:24 AM
This is really a kindly swipe at Trump and his 'make America great again' slogan. Canadians really hate the American right (okay except Alberta) and this is pure Canadian passive aggression combined with genuine appreciation. Honestly though things are really great in the US right now - unemployment as low as it's been since the 90s, crime at historic lows, incomes (finally) rising, several landmark progressive social policies have been enacted, etc.

But boy oh boy, I'll be glad when this sh!+# show is over...some psychologist says 52% of Americans are stressed by this...think its higher, I know I am..Rancor with a capital R....

mcteague
10-18-2016, 06:33 AM
But boy oh boy, I'll be glad when this sh!+# show is over...some psychologist says 52% of Americans are stressed by this...think its higher, I know I am..Rancor with a capital R....

I fear it will not end any time soon. If Trump wins...:eek: I just can't even begin to think about it. If Clinton is the victor, and the makeup of Congress stays the same, we will have to endure years of special investigations of her. e-mail servers, classified mail, Benghazi panels galore (as if we have not had enough of them already). Plus, just as Obama's term showed us how much racism still pervades this country, get ready for the same thing with misogyny. Ugh, really want to get back to bike talk. Something calm, like carbon vs steel, clinchers vs tubies, Sagan vs "pick a name".

Tim

josephr
10-18-2016, 09:43 AM
since its just a matter of time before an admin shuts this down....

I just want to know what spray-tan Trump is using...I want to be orange too!

peanutgallery
10-18-2016, 10:09 AM
You're going to look awful funny with that orange contrail of cheeto dust while riding. Basically, you'll be an odd looking comet:) On the plus side, you'll be noticed on the road, good for safety

since its just a matter of time before an admin shuts this down....

I just want to know what spray-tan Trump is using...I want to be orange too!

redir
10-18-2016, 10:21 AM
I'll tell ya what, in my opinion anyway, it's been great for the SNL skits that's for sure :D

benb
10-18-2016, 10:27 AM
That orange stuff trump uses probably dissolves carbon fiber, not good for a cyclist!

oldpotatoe
10-18-2016, 11:24 AM
I'll tell ya what, in my opinion anyway, it's been great for the SNL skits that's for sure :D

You can say that twice, twice...:p