PDA

View Full Version : the tour and irony

coylifut
07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
"If you ever want to dispell the illusion that cycling is an eco-friendly sport, you should see Rasmussen right now. We have on skinny little dude on a 14-pound bike and he's surrounded by about six cars, seven motorcycles and a helicopter...."

I stole this quote from the weight weenies forum. It made me chuckle. Do they really need that many vehicles?

72gmc
07-19-2006, 01:33 PM
they should at least run biodiesel. everything would smell like french fries. might have helped some of the boys today...

ada@prorider.or
07-19-2006, 01:48 PM
and all those campers and trash in the mountains

mmmmmmmm
just a cycle race

coylifut
07-19-2006, 01:59 PM
and all those campers and trash in the mountains

mmmmmmmm
just a cycle race

I sent the above quote as an email to my friend who raced in Europe for a couple of years and here's what he sent back.

"Not to mention all the motor homes on a mountain side in the middle of nowhere and the piles of trash all the fans will leave."

You two have obviously witnessed the scene. Does anyone clean up afterwayds or does it sit there and rot?

Bill Bove
07-19-2006, 02:01 PM
The number of calories being burned by the close to two hundred riders of the tour surely must be adding to global warming :eek:

Kevan
07-19-2006, 05:47 PM
burned too many dress shirts trying.

ada@prorider.or
07-19-2006, 05:52 PM
You two have obviously witnessed the scene. Does anyone clean up afterwayds or does it sit there and rot?

well part of it will be cleaned part of it stays there
but also when the snow melts it will transport it out of the mountains but yes it will stay there a long time take even the water bottle rider trough away in the moutains

bcm119
07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
The number of calories being burned by the close to two hundred riders of the tour surely must be adding to global warming :eek:
Not to mention the methane released by the spectators.

Grant McLean
07-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Not to mention the methane released by the spectators.

no jokes about how Floyd "cracked"?

g