PDA

View Full Version : Search function not working

KJMUNC
10-16-2016, 12:21 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the search function in the forums? I've tried in the general forum for the last several hours on a phone and on a PC and it just returns a blank screen.

mods: anything wrong or is it just me? :help:

dustyrider
10-16-2016, 12:28 PM
I've not had much luck with our search feature. Google is pretty good at finding what you want. I'm planning on figuring out how to gain access to the archives this winter. I've been around long enough for some of my posts to be burried in the way back machine!

mwynne
10-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Would love to have some Boolean support in the forum search ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gsinill
10-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Seems to work.
FYI: for any more complicated searches I use "site:thepaceline.net/forum search criteria"in my browser URL field.
Works much better IMHO.

gasman
10-16-2016, 01:19 PM
Seems to work for me on my phone and laptop.

jlwdm
10-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Working fine for me. I only used "advanced."

Jeff

smontanaro
10-17-2016, 11:24 AM
I second the vote for Google search (Bing probably performs in a similar fashion). I've never seen a forum search engine (not just this one) which was worth the time it took to type my query.

jtakeda
10-17-2016, 12:53 PM
Search function only works on the home computer for me.

On the phone I click "search" and as soon as I'm about to type 1 letter I get booted back to the normal home screen. Go again to click search and it keeps happening.

Keith A
10-18-2016, 07:45 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the search function in the forums? I've tried in the general forum for the last several hours on a phone and on a PC and it just returns a blank screen.

mods: anything wrong or is it just me? :help:No issues for me. Are you still having a problem?

Veloo
05-28-2020, 08:24 AM
Bumping this as I found this glitch.

I'm doing an advanced search for title only in the classifieds.

If I type in "catlike", this thread does not come up:
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=230767

If I search for "cateye" in the title only, it does show up.

It looks like the title at one time did have "cateye" in it.
Source code still keeping "cateye" in the title?