PDA

View Full Version : Best tire sealant for Shamal 2-way fit wheels

elcolombiano
10-15-2016, 06:30 PM
I live near the beach and my Shamal 2-way fit wheels corroded on the inside and had to be replaced. I used the Continental tire sealant. Continental states their sealant does not cause corrosion. I do not want to ruin the new wheels.

What tubeless tire sealant do you recommend that will not corrode my wheels, does a good job in the event of a small puncture, needs to be replaced with least frequency, is easy to remove and is a reasonable cost?

Cicli
10-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Orange Seal works the best. By far.

peanutgallery
10-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Plus 1, orange seal is way less corrosive. Had stans eat the aluminum nipples of a mtb wheel. Stans wheel no less

Orange Seal works the best. By far.

old fat man
10-15-2016, 07:58 PM
I've been using Stans in my Fulcrum 1's for 4+ years. I'm in central Connecticut - humid, but not salty. Never any issues. I'll try Orange Seal when I run out of Stans.

lhuerta
10-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Bontrager TLR sealant... have tried several types but nothing comes close to this stuff. Seals quickly and seals large stuff. Read this : http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Things_that_Roll/Tires/Sealant_Test_-_Part_2_4155.html

justaute
10-15-2016, 09:53 PM
Bontrager TLR sealant... have tried several types but nothing comes close to this stuff. Seals quickly and seals large stuff. Read this : http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Things_that_Roll/Tires/Sealant_Test_-_Part_2_4155.html

Interesting. Have you compared it to the latest Orange Seal? Thanks.

lhuerta
10-15-2016, 11:11 PM
yes, the difference seems to be the drying or curing time. The Bontrager stuff appears to not only heal larger holes but do so faster....in other words, it plugs and cures fast and there is no additional seating of the sealant. Of course this all depends on puncture size and type, buy IME so far, this stuff is unusually effective compared to others. The only downside is that is is hard to find at you LBS and I am fairly certain it is exclusive to Trek dealers. In my area (NYC) I visited about 4 dealers and nobody had it on the shelf so I simply did a drop ship order via Trek website and it was delivered to LBS in a few days (free shipping).