PDA

View Full Version : Removing decals

sales guy
10-15-2016, 11:09 AM
I haven't had to on this fork before, or with this type of decal. Ideas?

New Enve 2.0 Road fork. They appear to water slide decals, not the vinyls. Any ideas on best way to remove them?

Jgrooms
10-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Careful use of a heat gun makes quick work of most any decal. Then WD-40 to clean off any adhesive residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony T
10-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Firefly uses black decals to cover the Enve white.
I like the "blackout" look.
Not sure if they sell them.

sales guy
10-15-2016, 11:32 AM
it's not for me. He wants them gone. I'd rather just remove them VS having to deal with something else. Not sure why they sent me one with decals knowing who was ordering it. But it is what it is. It was in stock and they wanted to get it out. Oh well...

Mikej
10-15-2016, 11:52 AM
I think enve fork decals are under a coat of clear that's why people use the black vinyl to cover them

lookout2015
10-15-2016, 01:01 PM
I haven't had to on this fork before, or with this type of decal. Ideas?

New Enve 2.0 Road fork. They appear to water slide decals, not the vinyls. Any ideas on best way to remove them?

Enve sells them stickerless also, and has great customer service. If it's brand new you could contact them and see if they'll swap, or at least advise on how to remove

http://eco-lifting.com/index.html might be worth a try too. I have never used it - but kind of want to just because of their claim that it is "manufactured from the tears of our chemists in a special process which asks clear coat, paint and primer alike to sod off - in a gentle Canadian way which does not negatively effect the underlying substrate." :banana:

All my sticker removal has been acetone plus sandpaper but I wouldn't do that to an Enve fork

Tony T
10-15-2016, 01:15 PM
it's not for me. He wants them gone. I'd rather just remove them VS having to deal with something else. Not sure why they sent me one with decals knowing who was ordering it. But it is what it is. It was in stock and they wanted to get it out. Oh well...

If Enve can exchange for one w/o decals, that may be the better route if you have a "picky" customer who may not be happy if there is evidence of the removal (i.e. dulling of the clearcoat, a minor scratch, etc.)

sales guy
10-15-2016, 01:29 PM
Since the fork was ready to go, they just sent it. It is what it is. If it can't be removed, Oh well. I will just have him deal with it. Just doesn't match anything on the bike/frame.
Enve would have to make one for me. Which means he can't pick his bike up this wednesday. I may look into the decals from Seven.

That carbolift stuff looks great tho!!!

mhespenheide
10-15-2016, 07:13 PM
Member "kokies" here used to sell enve blackout stickers. You could try reaching out to him via PM.

kokies
10-16-2016, 07:08 AM
I still have some matte black and glossy black kits available. I can get them in the mail Monday if needed.

yancy0303
10-16-2016, 08:47 AM
Goo-Gone spray gel removes residue very well.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

enr1co
10-16-2016, 09:35 AM
I still have some matte black and glossy black kits available. I can get them in the mail Monday if needed.

My blackout/gloss decals from Kokies look great and are durable. Have wrapped rubber strap thingys of my SKS fenders on/off of them and no wrinkling or lifting after~ two years.

:beer: