PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo crank set hidden bolt--black and alloy era the same?

paredown
10-14-2016, 06:27 PM
Thread title says it all--is the Campagnolo crank set hidden bolt from the newer black Record/Chorus 10 and older Record/Chorus alloy 10 the same?

Just sold a NOS crank that was missing the hidden bolt and need to make it right--have a used alloy, but I believe I have a new black one.

TIA,
Dean

ultraman6970
10-14-2016, 07:04 PM
Hope this helps...

http://branfordbike.com/product/campagnolo-record-road-chain-ring-bolts-537.htm

UT stuff use different bolts.

Hindmost
10-14-2016, 08:11 PM
I believe functionally they are the same. But new, black is Torx and old, silver is hex.

oldpotatoe
10-15-2016, 05:52 AM
Thread title says it all--is the Campagnolo crank set hidden bolt from the newer black Record/Chorus 10 and older Record/Chorus alloy 10 the same?

Just sold a NOS crank that was missing the hidden bolt and need to make it right--have a used alloy, but I believe I have a new black one.

TIA,
Dean

They are of different lengths..carbon being a little longer but the only way to see is if the longer one bottoms out and sticks out a little(bad)..If it's black, it should work OK.

How did a NOS crank lose a bolt?

paredown
10-15-2016, 02:38 PM
They are of different lengths..carbon being a little longer but the only way to see is if the longer one bottoms out and sticks out a little(bad)..If it's black, it should work OK.

How did a NOS crank lose a bolt?

Thanks for confirmation--I can''t find the black one that is around here somewhere--may have sent it to a Paceliner. I've got an aftermarket Torx that I can use, and I will send the guy the alloy bolt and spacer out of another triple

That's the trouble with getting old and not remembering stuff--I may have stolen the bolt and spacer off the triple and patched up one of the ones on my two regular riders because I can remember having a hidden bolt back out and go missing--but I don't remember doing stealing the one from the new crank.

Imma gonna start writing notes and put them in the box if I remove anything, so when I come back to things in a year or so, I will be able to read what I've done

cnighbor1
10-15-2016, 04:27 PM
Branford reply to me for my obtaining hidden bolt for C Record cranks
branford bike <branfordbike@yahoo.com>

Oct 9 at 8:15 PM

To Charles Nighbor

We will get the bolts in hand and contact you at that time for credit card information. This is a part for a 25 year old crank, so not on the current website.

Best Regards,

Branford Bike

http://www.branfordbike.com
206-323-1218, shop

On Sunday, October 9, 2016 7:40 AM, Charles Nighbor <cnighbor2@yahoo.com> wrote:

OK how do I order Can't find on your web page

thanks

Charles

925 708-1295 cell

To: Charles Nighbor <cnighbor2@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2016 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: Campagnolo C Record Crankset bolts needed

Let me try to clarify. The bolt set we proposed contains all the pieces that you need. There are four bolts and nut pairs and one hidden bolt with the required spacer. These are new bolts, not used. They are specified for a modern crank, but they match your arms. They are chrome plated steel and are a very near match in appearance. The required spacer, again, is included. I do not think you need the shim as it is specified for 10 speed cranks, per our website. This matches the pictures you supplied, which does not show the shim.

Best Regards,

Branford Bike

http://www.branfordbike.com
206-323-1218, shop