PDA

View Full Version : Nearly All The News That's Fit To Print Atmo

atmo
07-19-2006, 07:05 AM
as seen here. (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/19/sports/othersports/19lance.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

snipped-
L’ALPE D’HUEZ, France, July 18 — Lance Armstrong said Tuesday that the doping scandal that erupted before this year’s Tour de France “never would have happened on our watch,” a period in which he was the de facto leader of the professional cycling world with seven consecutive victories in the Tour.

get a copy and read the rest atmo.

Tom
07-19-2006, 07:09 AM
What? They all decided to set that deal up and everybody got in it just this past year after he retired? Oh, my goodness.

Or did he mean that his guys were good enough to keep the lid on everybody else's schemes as well as their own?

I'm baffled.

davids
07-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Why, oh why, can't he just shut the frick up?

Kevan
07-19-2006, 07:16 AM
when he let his bicycle do all the talking.

Stay tuned...

J.Greene
07-19-2006, 07:21 AM
as seen here. (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/19/sports/othersports/19lance.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

snipped-
L’ALPE D’HUEZ, France, July 18 — Lance Armstrong said Tuesday that the doping scandal that erupted before this year’s Tour de France “never would have happened on our watch,” a period in which he was the de facto leader of the professional cycling world with seven consecutive victories in the Tour.

get a copy and read the rest atmo.

he's consistent. The more he talks the more I hope he's finally ratted out. The guy is a fraud atmo.

LA from the podium
But finally the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics. I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets - this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it.

JG

Ginger
07-19-2006, 07:22 AM
He's been hanging out with George a little much...all that political chatter has gotten into his brain.

Big Dan
07-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Unfreakinbelievable............... :eek:

SpaceOdyssey
07-19-2006, 07:51 AM
I guess he really was right....

It's not about the bike, it's about Lance.

What's next? Does he become like Howard Stern? The Lance 24/7 cable network? :confused:

Oh, silly me, we already have 2 of them, Discovery Channel and OLN (soon to be VS. and what's up with THAT?!) :crap:

B

Too Tall
07-19-2006, 08:12 AM
(cough) Maybe you need to read between the lines. Think goodfellas not Dr. F.

obtuse
07-19-2006, 11:16 AM
well he's right. a real patron would have threatened a rider strike and the ds's would have been too scared to follow the code of ethics to the letter. so armstrong's right. what's the point again?

oh yeah,
go carlos.

obtuse

my2cents
07-19-2006, 11:30 AM
i so distrust the media to accurately capture a quote in CONTEXT that i don't put any value in this story. i will wait until i can read the entire transcript (questions and answers) before i pass judgement.

I liken this to the espy story from yesterday --- everyone was bashing lance's supposedly horrendous taste and the disgusting nature of his comments based on the linked article, but once I (and a few others posters) actually read the jokes, I realized it was NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD as the linked story made it out to be. in my mind, atleast based on the few jokes referenced in the linked story, the whole thing was a non-thing and not worthy of being written about.

sell papers (or internet links) and let accuracy be damned!

christian
07-19-2006, 11:35 AM
The writer is a smart cat, a strong cyclist, and knows the score atmo.

Big Dan
07-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Ok bro, we will wait for you to tell us when we can bash LA again.... :confused:

my2cents
07-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Ok bro, we will wait for you to tell us when we can bash LA again.... :confused:

... whenever you; you needn't wait for me to tell you to do anything. just thought i would add my observation to the one-sided discussion.

atmo
07-19-2006, 11:54 AM
i so distrust the media to accurately capture a quote in CONTEXT that i don't put any value in this story. i will wait until i can read the entire transcript (questions and answers) before i pass judgement.

click the link, or buy a copy at the newstand.

I liken this to the espy story from yesterday --- everyone was bashing lance's supposedly horrendous taste and the disgusting nature of his comments based on the linked article, but once I (and a few others posters) actually read the jokes, I realized it was NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD as the linked story made it out to be. in my mind, atleast based on the few jokes referenced in the linked story, the whole thing was a non-thing and not worthy of being written about.

sell papers (or internet links) and let accuracy be damned!
the story wasn't the link. the story was the
program that the linked commentary was
about atmo.

BumbleBeeDave
07-19-2006, 11:58 AM
How arrogant, as if he really WAS the ruler of the peloton. It's annoying in a very similar way to his always saying "WE did this" or "WE think that."

Lance seems to be sounding more and more arrogant the longer he's retired. He's beginning to sound more like the arrogant, vain, cocky kid that he was before the cancer. The guy's done a WHOLE lot to be proud of, but the way he's drifting is increasingly making me wonder if the cancer really changed him that much, or if he's just been hiding the "real" Lance pretty well these past 10 years.

BBD

Too Tall
07-19-2006, 12:24 PM
There will always be NASCAR.

manet
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
He's been banging George a little much... all that post-coital chatter has gotten into his brain.

disco ball

Too Tall
07-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Edit of the ukin' century ho ;)

J.Greene
07-19-2006, 01:28 PM
well he's right. a real patron would have threatened a rider strike and the ds's would have been too scared to follow the code of ethics to the letter. so armstrong's right. what's the point again?

oh yeah,
go carlos.

obtuse

I think he was also thumbing his nose at Jean Marie. Basically saying you never caught me and you never will.

JG

Brian Smith
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
I think he was also thumbing his nose at Jean Marie. Basically saying you never caught me and you never will.

JG

I think atmo is saying that this was a "program," and far from a simple "him versus me" scheme, as evinced by the Armstrong snippet "on OUR watch."

Seems plausible from here.

BBB
07-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Our watch? We is forgetting that the TdF watch used to be Festina.