PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Twilight Zone on Netflix

josephr
10-14-2016, 09:19 AM
between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge...

Finished Stranger Things (highly recommend!) and noticed Netflix recently added the complete Twilight Zone anthology - 5 seasons and each season has 30+ episodes, so fellow binge-watchers, you may want to pace yourself.

:beer:

weisan
10-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Supergirl, anyone? :rolleyes:

Ohhhhh YES!...I watch that kinda stuff. :D

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/supergirl-season-2-characters.jpg

Kingfisher
10-14-2016, 10:56 AM
EVERY time I hear the opening music of Twilight Zone with Rod Serling's narration I get goose bumps!!! Scared the S$% outta me when I was a kid.

cookietom
10-14-2016, 01:05 PM
EVERY time I hear the opening music of Twilight Zone with Rod Serling's narration I get goose bumps!!! Scared the S$% outta me when I was a kid.

I agreed but I cannot understand that time due to my impaired hearing. And now I can watch each of those show with closed caption in Netflix!!!!!!

Exonerv
10-14-2016, 01:18 PM
We developed a routine of ringing in the New Year while watching the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci Fi channel. I was amazed at how many episodes I'd never seen despite years of watching. Ended up downloading them all a few years back and still have a couple left to see. It's so cool to see some of the more known & accomplished actors back when they were just starting out coupled with some of the best writing TV has ever offered.

marsh
10-14-2016, 01:49 PM
New Years Day hung over on the couch watching Twilight Zone all day is a given. Thanks for the heads up! I will try to find a good one that I've never seen.

bfd
10-14-2016, 01:53 PM
We use to watch Twilight Zone reruns in college. My favorite episode:

To Serve Man....

But there are many others I can't even remember! The Twilight Zone! LOL! Good Luck!

floxy1
10-16-2016, 06:28 AM
Haven't seen TZ but Netflix has a winner with Stranger Things!

paredown
10-16-2016, 08:10 AM
I discovered TZ on Netflix, and was delighted to watch some episodes.

We grew up without TV, so the occasional episode was watched at a friend's house BITD, and then I would have to make the solo walk home at night with my nerves still on edge.:eek:

My only disappointment is that my lovely wife hates the show, and since our watching tends to be together, we have gone onto other things, although she surprised me when she watched all of Stranger Things with me...

gary135r
10-16-2016, 11:38 PM
New Years Day hung over on the couch watching Twilight Zone all day is a given. Thanks for the heads up! I will try to find a good one that I've never seen.
My all-time favorite show. Last New Year's marathon they ran every show in order. Insane. My only complaint is they edited parts out for commercials as they do. Bi-annually a group of us get together on IMDB and comment along. It's a good time.

godfrey1112000
10-17-2016, 05:55 AM
My all-time favorite show. Last New Year's marathon they ran every show in order. Insane. My only complaint is they edited parts out for commercials as they do. Bi-annually a group of us get together on IMDB and comment along. It's a good time.

The list of future stars is endless
Bill Shatner
Spock
Telly S
Jack Klugman
Art carney
Charles Bronson
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052520/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

josephr
10-17-2016, 10:44 PM
I discovered TZ on Netflix, and was delighted to watch some episodes.

We grew up without TV, so the occasional episode was watched at a friend's house BITD, and then I would have to make the solo walk home at night with my nerves still on edge.:eek:

My only disappointment is that my lovely wife hates the show, and since our watching tends to be together, we have gone onto other things, although she surprised me when she watched all of Stranger Things with me...

people can be fickle....when OK Computer came out, my wife (now ex) hated it and couldn't understand my appreciation...then it won the Best Album of the Year and all of a sudden it was the best ever. Of course, ex#2 liked Radiohead until she learned ex#1 liked Radiohead...smh.

TZ has been great to watch....the stories must've been un-nerving BITD...someone benign to today's sci-fi.

owly
10-18-2016, 07:00 AM
Must admit, I didn't mind the early 90's? shows also.