PDA

View Full Version : Pricing advice sought

bjf
10-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Lots of folks have expressed an interest in the purple Della Santa frame and fork -- see it here: http://http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=185395 (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=185395) -- but no one has stepped up to buy the complete bike.

So I'm considering parting it out. I need to sell everything to make this work, but I don't need to make a profit, just break even.

How about this:

1) Campy package: Campagnolo Record front and rear derailleurs, Veloce 50x34 crankset with Phil Wood bottom bracket, Centaur Brakes, Chorus/Veloce 10 speed levers, overhauled by oldpotatoe (*Note from the overhaul: “RH lever-I hope you know it's not a Chorus lever. Center of body is a bushing, not bearing and no hole in shift lever blade like the other, LH, Chorus lever. NOT a big deal. yes it has a Chorus brake lever blade but the innards/body and shift lever blade is Veloce, probably from about 2002. In terms of function, it means nothing.”) Nonetheless, gorgeous levers with less than 10 miles since overhaul. Chain also included.

2) Campagnolo Centaur silver hubs to Mavic Open Pro, very good condition 700x25 Gatorskins, cassette included.

3) Brooks B17 saddle, with scuff, and a seatpost I can't identify.

Value of each package? Not what you think it might get on a good day, but what you would actually pay.

Thanks, Barbara

eBAUMANN
10-09-2016, 06:54 PM
1 - 350-400 (hard to say here, new groups are so cheap these days, hard to sell the older stuff, depends heavily on condition)
2 - 200-250 (again, condition is a big one here)
3 - 40

that first link isn't working, just fyi ;)

bjf
10-09-2016, 07:02 PM
I fixed the link; it's working for me now. Thanks.

huck*this
10-09-2016, 07:25 PM
1 - 350-400 (hard to say here, new groups are so cheap these days, hard to sell the older stuff, depends heavily on condition)
2 - 200-250 (again, condition is a big one here)
3 - 40

that first link isn't working, just fyi ;)

Spot on. Maybe up the Brooks to $50-$60. They have a cult following.

eBAUMANN
10-09-2016, 07:37 PM

you might be right there, for some reason i thought there was a super cheap source for em out there, i feel like I've seen em for like $75-80 new at some point. might be imaging things, cant say I'm the biggest brooks buff on the block ;)

CMiller
10-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Hi Barbara,

I sold that bike to you originally, sorry to hear it's not working out!

I think the prices above are accurate, but I wouldn't expect a 1 day blow out sale for the wheels and group. If you end up getting 500 for those parts and selling the Della Santa frameset for 600 or so, I think the frameset would sell within an hour or two haha

Hilltopperny
10-10-2016, 12:50 PM

Depends on what type of brooks saddle. Some sell for a bit more depending on the model. Everything else seems to be pretty spot on although used groupsets don't seem to be grabbing very much at the moment. The frameset will sell pretty quick IMO, but I have at least 3 nice campy groupsets that I haven't been able to sell complete for what I'd consider a very reasonable price.