PDA

View Full Version : landis was too good!

ada@prorider.or
07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
like a trainings ride ,to good to be true

david
07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
i can not believe you would do this.
i've been very carefully avoiding any site that would reveal anything about today's stage so that i could watch it at home tonight without knowing the outcome.
i'm sure i'm not alone.
i thought i could trust my felow serotta posters to have better sense. unfortunately, the moment the page loaded, i saw your post and the damage was done.
you must have noticed others who've had the courtesy to headline their posts "tour spoiler."
andrew or somebody, please delete this post before others see it. please!

bro
07-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Chill out, david. If you don't want to know anything about the world, stay off the web.

SoCalSteve
07-18-2006, 03:41 PM

He never said anything about Landis winning, losing, etc...That title can mean just about anything...atmo

And, you didnt have to go in to the post to see what he wrote.

How do you even know what happened?

Enjoy watching the stage!

Steve

atmo
07-18-2006, 03:41 PM
i dint think this post was like the
other one from the other guy this
a.m. atmo.

ps
go to art's deli for some real bologna.

david
07-18-2006, 03:44 PM
He never said anything about Landis winning, losing, etc...That title can mean just about anything...atmo

And, you didnt have to go in to the post to see what he wrote.

How do you even know what happened?

Enjoy watching the stage!

Steve

at least, is that floyd had a good day. since he is a major contender and this is a major stage, i find that rather revealing.
furthermore, i didn't need to go into his post to gather that info.

Serotta PETE
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
at least, is that floyd had a good day. since he is a major contender and this is a major stage, i find that rather revealing.
furthermore, i didn't need to go into his post to gather that info.

chill,,,,it could have been worse and your computer could have crashed..... :cool:

SoCalSteve
07-18-2006, 03:48 PM
i dint think this post was like the
other one from the other guy this
a.m. atmo.

ps
go to art's deli for some real bologna.

Where every sandwich is a "work of Art".

Kahuna
07-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Yep. I've learned my lesson. Computer let alone forum = spoiler. In other words, watch stage first, surf web second.

Floyd was great. Rode a very smart race today. Can't wait for tomorrow.

david
07-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Chill out, david. If you don't want to know anything about the world, stay off the web.

i am chilled. just bummed. and thanks for the advice. it's really useful.

Serpico
07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
somebody get Abe Rosenthal on the line, the NYTimes has "spoilers" all over its sports section!!!

david
07-18-2006, 03:52 PM
chill,,,,it could have been worse and your computer could have crashed..... :cool:

oh well...

Lifelover
07-18-2006, 04:34 PM
i can not believe you would do this.
i've been very carefully avoiding any site that would reveal anything about today's stage so that i could watch it at home tonight without knowing the outcome.
i'm sure i'm not alone.
i thought i could trust my felow serotta posters to have better sense. unfortunately, the moment the page loaded, i saw your post and the damage was done.
you must have noticed others who've had the courtesy to headline their posts "tour spoiler."
andrew or somebody, please delete this post before others see it. please!

This is his second spoiler in the last month. I hope he uses better judgement making wheels than posting.

davids
07-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I agree with David (and, no, he's not me.) The thread should have not included information about the stage in its title, and the title should have included "Spoiler". That would have been thoughtful and considerate of Cees.

I hope everyone knows to avoid a news site if they're trying to avoid news.

This isn't a news site, and we should all know enough to be thoughtful when posting information about the day's stage results, whether the info is specific or general.

Cees almost certainly didn't do this maliciously. I think the other guy did.

BoulderGeek
07-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I make sure that I don't load this forum at all until I've seen the day's stage.

I agree: 'teh intarwebs' are full of information. Don't launch a browser unless you want the unfiltered Net at your disposal.

My old Father never "logs up to the intercom" and he's always surprised by what he sees on TV. You could stay like that, if you wanted.

Chad Engle
07-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh well, watch it anyway. :beer:

ada@prorider.or
07-18-2006, 05:23 PM
i really did not realize it
otherwise i did not post it i do not want spoil any body´s fun

especialy that i did not post any results
only about his riding style

again
sorry sorry sorry

GoJavs
07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Floyd looked extremely in control today. This tour could have been over a week ago based on what I saw today. I thank Floyd for giving us a few more days of suspense. :)

Zard
07-18-2006, 05:38 PM

again
sorry sorry sorry

No need to be sorry. You did nothing wrong. Keep your comments coming!

For everyone else...if not knowing the results means that much to you don't log onto a CYCLING FORUM. Forum = an assembly, place, radio program, etc for the discussion of public matters.

oracle
07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
No need to be sorry. You did nothing wrong. Keep your comments coming!

For everyone else...if not knowing the results means that much to you don't log onto a CYCLING FORUM. Forum = an assembly, place, radio program, etc for the discussion of public matters.

i agree.

Big Dan
07-18-2006, 06:31 PM
i agree.

+1

Yahoo Sports, Fox Sports and everyone else had "American Landis back in yellow"

Watch the thing anyways.... :beer:

Serotta PETE
07-18-2006, 06:53 PM
oh well...

come over for a glass of wine and we will both watch it on TIVO>>>>PETE

Serotta PETE
07-18-2006, 06:54 PM

again
sorry sorry sorry

nothing to be sorry about..........we all have fun everyday :p ;) ;)

PETE

Frank
07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I have purposely stayed away from any media that said anything about the TDF since last year's tour was over. No papers, no TV, no telephones, no internet, etc. that would even mention anything about cycling or the TDF.

I didn't want to know anything about the TDF until it was completely over and I could order the DVD's from WorldCycling and watch the race in its entirety.

But no, you spoil it all for me by telling me how Lance's domestique rode.

Hell, I don't even want to watch the damn race now to see if Lance wins number 8 in a row, or if Ullrich or Basso knock him from the throne. ;)

Sincerely,

Rip Van Winkle

atmo
07-18-2006, 08:48 PM
I have purposely stayed away from any media that said anything about the TDF since last year's tour was over. No papers, no TV, no telephones, no internet, etc. that would even mention anything about cycling or the TDF.

I didn't want to know anything about the TDF until it was completely over and I could order the DVD's from WorldCycling and watch the race in its entirety.

But no, you spoil it all for me by telling me how Lance's domestique rode.

Hell, I don't even want to watch the damn race now to see if Lance wins number 8 in a row, or if Ullrich or Basso knock him from the throne. ;)

Sincerely,

Rip Van Winkle

i hate to be the one that breaks it to you atmo -

Jeff N.
07-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Floyd wins the Tour! There! I just spoiled the whole thing for everybody! Jeff N.

swoop
07-19-2006, 12:28 AM

nice double meaning cees!

hey people .. stay away from cycling websites if you want to stear clear of tour info. i'm sure you can be responsible for insulating yourself instead of making it everyone elses problem. this is me putting it nicely.

sailorboy
07-19-2006, 08:20 AM

again
sorry sorry sorry
frickin cheesehead!
That's what my german buddy would have said about you upon reading the title of your post. But then, he's an arrogant teutonic SOB. I actually prefer the average Dutchman over the German any day.

Yes, it spoiled the outcome a little for me as well, but It's no big deal. Now you know!, as my dad used to say.

david
07-19-2006, 08:30 AM
nice double meaning cees!

hey people .. stay away from cycling websites if you want to stear clear of tour info. i'm sure you can be responsible for insulating yourself instead of making it everyone elses problem. this is me putting it nicely.

i hear all of you who suggest that i should stay away and insulate myself if i don't want to risk hearing results. fair enough.

frankly, that's what i thought i was doing by staying off news sites and other forums.

i thought, wrongly, that this forum had an unwritten code that people stuck to when discussing matters such as these. namely, that one would headline a post about race results or significant info with a "spoiler" warning.

it seems to be a common practice of regular posters on this site. one of the reasons i think we all like this site so much is that it's frequented by seasoned, knowledgable and courteous bicycle/web folk.

i was disappointed at having the result revealed - or at least a large part of the equation revealed - and surprised that it was done by a site regular and a genuine cycling enthusiast with serious credentials.

to cees, no real harm done. really, it's no big deal, just a bummer. and i apologize if the tone of my post was on the harsh side.

to those who slam back at me, all i suggest is that we be considerate before posting. we all love this stuff. is it too much to ask/expect that we exercise some discretion in the way we title our posts?

to swoop, like i said, i hear you, even though i disagree with you. but come on, dude. "that's me putting it nicely." that's kinda not putting it nicely.

we cool?

PanTerra
07-19-2006, 09:07 AM
+1

Yahoo Sports, Fox Sports and everyone else had "American Landis back in yellow"

Watch the thing anyways.... :beer:

Hey, thanks for reporting the news. :crap:

spiderlake
07-19-2006, 07:13 PM
The spoilers don't bother me that much..... I will still watch the coverage even if I already know who won the stage. I don't think Cees gave anything away with his post (especially compared to Litespeeder) but this *is* a forum about biking. People are going to talk about the TDF so if you truly don't want to know the results then step away from the computer until after you have watched the coverage. Just my opinion........