PDA

View Full Version : Fabric Scoop Versions?

jmeloy
10-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Picked up a Fabric Scoop Radius here (base model) and am really liking it. Haven't ridden it on a really long ride yet but so far a nice alternative to an Aliante.

Anyone riding or ridden the higher level versions of this saddle? Got one cheap you want to pass along[emoji6]?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sjbraun
10-08-2016, 06:37 PM
I'm not a fan of the Aliante. I guess I move around a lot.

I've got a Fabric Scoop Shallow that I really like.

jmeloy
10-08-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm not a fan of the Aliante. I guess I move around a lot.

I've got a Fabric Scoop Shallow that I really like.

SJ, the low cost version like I have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

macaroon
10-09-2016, 01:56 PM
I've had both the radius and the shallow versions.

I agree, the radius is similar to an Aliante. The shallow is also similar aswell, just not quite as much. I do quite like the saddles, but I find the cover is too sticky and it's hard to move about on them.

I put my Arione back on.

Birddog
10-09-2016, 03:57 PM
I have the Fabric Scoop Radius Pro. It has carbon rails. I'm trying it for the 2nd time, the first time about three months ago I gave up. In the interim, I tried a Fizik Antares, which was good but still not quite right. I put the Fabric back on about a month ago and now I think I have it dialed in. The tilt from highest part of the back to the front is about "0". This seems to be the best for me. I might tweak it a little by dropping the nose a tad. I too find the biggest downside to be the stickiness of the cover. I like to be able to slide around a bit. All my saddles tend to be of the hammock type, Regal, Alliante, B17.

mwynne
10-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Been running a Scoop Shallow Race for a little while - best fit for me I've found so far. Looking for another, or maybe a Line to try try out.

MagicHour
10-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Same here. I like it no complaints. I think the ti rails of the Race level saves 10-20 grams at most over cro-mo, but if you hunt around for off season deals, you can find the Race close to the same $ as normal price for Elite line. That's what i did anyway.

Been running a Scoop Shallow Race for a little while - best fit for me I've found so far. Looking for another, or maybe a Line to try try out.