PDA

View Full Version : Meivici test ride

telenick
07-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Test rode this rig for an hour. Great drive train snap, yet vertically compliant, atmo.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/telenick/IMG_0152.jpg

Serpico
07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
it was the zertz imo

BoulderGeek
07-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Huh. What's going on at Winter Park?

davids
07-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Why doesn't the 'edge' of the painted section line up from tube to tube? :no:

my2cents
07-18-2006, 03:20 PM

i know it is a meaningless, simple thing and I have wanted to post the question myself many times. I can't think of a single serotta paint job that doesn't look this way. it drives me crazy! look thru the gallery and on just about every paint job (1/2 and 1/2, sizzler, etc.) the paint line from one tube never lines up with the other tubes. doing it this way looks wrong and plain old ugly to me. is there a good reason for it that escapes me and davids?

72gmc
07-18-2006, 03:49 PM
looks to me like the paint borders follow an imaginary curve that is suggested by the sweep of the seatstays, but has a shallower angle as though the rear dropout is a point of convergence.

telenick
07-18-2006, 04:20 PM
There's nothing going on at Winter Park ...it's July.

davids
07-18-2006, 04:34 PM
testify, my2cents!

Check out Serotta's own paint schemes (http://www.serotta.com/pages/schemes.html) page. It doesn't look like the straight line carries through the tubes on the Peloton or Team schemes. Maybe it's the photo angles, but I don't think so.

Chief
07-18-2006, 06:53 PM
testify, my2cents!

Check out Serotta's own paint schemes (http://www.serotta.com/pages/schemes.html) page. It doesn't look like the straight line carries through the tubes on the Peloton or Team schemes. Maybe it's the photo angles, but I don't think so.

Put a straight edge on the 1/2-1/2, Peleton and Team and I think you will find that a straight line carries through the tubes; at least, on my flat panel monitor.

Saxon
07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey, I've got those zertz doodads all over one of my bikes :) I doubt they do anything, but the bike rides great! :banana:

victoryfactory
07-19-2006, 07:45 AM

I've also noticed this on my legend, c2003. I wonder if there is design reason
or if it's just haphazard?
I also wonder if, on such a high end frame, they should have a better way
to separate the painted area from the ti area. On my frame, they used a
thin, white (adhesive ?) tape wrapped around the tube, kind of cheezy IMO

Please note that this is a minor point, I don't dwell on this stuff.
I'll bet they will make those lines any way you want them if you request
it when you order. The trick is, how many of us would think about such a detail ahead of time?

VF

marle
07-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Why don't the wheels -- ES rear and SSC SL front - match?

flydhest
07-19-2006, 09:56 AM
looks to me like the paint borders follow an imaginary curve that is suggested by the sweep of the seatstays, but has a shallower angle as though the rear dropout is a point of convergence.

are you also looking at the white line on the chain stays?

Ahneida Ride
07-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Serotta got it right on my 1/2 paint/Ti Legend !

72gmc
07-19-2006, 01:13 PM
are you also looking at the white line on the chain stays?

actually, no i wasn't. say, that is wacky. they should make the whole chainstay blue and then i will look a lot smarter.