PDA

View Full Version : I take EPO

jpw
04-06-2004, 05:02 AM
I take EPO (Evening Primrose Oil), pumpkin oil and linseed oil as part of my daily diet and have no body aches or pains before, during, or after riding. I heartily recommend it.

Does anyone take anything else for anything else?

bostondrunk
04-06-2004, 08:29 AM
I take a lot of Coors Light and feel no pain <burp>

Climb01742
04-06-2004, 08:49 AM
jpw--care to give a little background on your various oils and their purposes? natural remedies intrigue me. thanks.

ps: bostondrunk, no need to explain beer. i get it. :rolleyes:

jpw
04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Well, i'm just a user and not a dealer...so i have limited technical knowledge.
All i know is that the cells of the body work more efficiently, in terms of energy production and release (mitochondria/ cytoplasm stuff), and their own healthy reproduction with the introduction of EPO and linseed, which are a Euro thing, and pumpkin, which is a Chinese thing.
It also helps to blast those nasty free radicals.
As you oil your chain you should also oil your body, internally. It literally stops you from rusting inside. Don't laugh, it's true. :D

Needs Help
04-06-2004, 12:45 PM
What about a rust inhibitor like J.P. Wiegle's Frame Saver?

jpw
04-06-2004, 12:50 PM
What's does it taste like?

Perhaps, if diluted with orange juice.

jpw
04-06-2004, 02:48 PM
JP Who?

Never heard of him. ;)

gasman
04-06-2004, 06:40 PM
I take EPO (Evening Primrose Oil), pumpkin oil and linseed oil as part of my daily diet and have no body aches or pains before, during, or after riding. I heartily recommend it.

Does anyone take anything else for anything else?
I thought linseed oil was toxic. I use it on my old bamboo ice axe to keep it from drying out as well as my porch railings.

pale scotsman
04-06-2004, 08:05 PM
cod liver oil again. I swear it's "it". I suffered from tendonitus and miscellaneous aching joints for years due to flat out stupid weight lifting technique as a teenage know it all. It helps with the inflammation, bad cholesterol, and studies show that it inhibits cartilage deterioration in those prone to arthritis. Which going by family history, I'm destined for.

It's high in vitamin A & D, studies "say" in today’s age of sunscreen we aren't getting enough D. Well the average bloke, not those riding out in the sun. Then again some of you guys up North might not know hat I'm talking about. ;)

Got my Dad taking it as well and he's had excellent results with his bad knees. Says he feels better than he has in ages.

I'll get off my wee soapbox now but suffice it to say it's worth a shot for those in pain. All you've got to lose is a little bad breath if you take it on an empty stomach.

CJV
04-07-2004, 12:31 PM
As a side-note, pumpkin seeds are good for holding off prostate problems, as does saw palmetto. If you get that nudge during the night to hit the head, try these two, but I would not recommend salted pumpkin seeds. If you have a natural foods store in your area, it should be able to stock the seeds.

jpw
04-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Linseed may be toxic if it's intended use is to preserve wood. That will probably be an oil blend. Not edible. Food grade linseed oil, derived from the seed with no added ingredients, is not at all toxic. Quite the opposite.