PDA

View Full Version : FS: Independent Fabrications "Factory Lightweight"

Pelican
10-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Posting this for a friend. I would buy it myself if I didn't just buy another custom lightweight steel ride from her.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5671/30174468345_d677033040_c.jpg

One of a kind paint scheme on this super lightweight steel Independent Fabrications "Factory Lightweight" bike with SRAM Red. 53cm seat tube x 53.5cm top tube, center-to-center. Seat tube is 55cm center-to top. Top tube is flat. Standover is approximately 30.5".

This gorgeous bike weighs 16 pounds as you see it. Less than 100 miles on the bike. Fork is Easton carbon with full carbon steerer, painted to match the frame. Red carbon crank is compact 50/34T, 170mm. Deda Elementi 100mm stem and 42cm bars. SRAM Red cassette is 11/26 (10-speed). Cane Creek Strados wheels with Continental Grand Prix 700x24C tires. Deda Elementi 27.2mm carbon seat post with WTB saddle with titanium rails.

Photos don't show the beauty of this paint scheme. No haggle deal: $1850 or what the frame cost by itself. You don't want to know how much the custom paint cost.

Serious inquiries only, thanks. Seller is in San Rafael. Ride away this weekend!

More pics here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B539LwQrL92gUG9DbkhkR0JKWWs

jtakeda
10-07-2016, 01:36 PM
This has been on CL forever but a little overpriced IMO

The "no offers" has always strayed me away from it when I was in the market.

Fatty
10-07-2016, 02:03 PM
$50 cheaper on the Craigslist add. Is a very nice looking Indy.

raygunner
10-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Great paint!

But too bad about the Sram...

Bwana
10-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Nice looking bike, and my size. If she wants to break it down to f/f/h, let me know.

brownhound
10-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Sharp looking. Serious question - what's the benefit of stainless steel if you paint it? Does it ride differently than steel? Does it just reduce risk of internal rusting? I figured the benefit is that you could keep it naked.

Ryun
10-07-2016, 03:45 PM
FLW are not stainless steel.
Nice mix of S3 and 853 pro tubing IIRC. One of the best riding steel bikes ever made IMO.

chiasticon
10-07-2016, 03:58 PM
FLW are not stainless steel.
Nice mix of S3 and 853 pro tubing IIRC. One of the best riding steel bikes ever made IMO.HUGE endorsement right there, given the stable of bikes you have currently and have had. and thanks for clarifying; not a ton of info out there on the steel variant of the FLW, only the Ti/carbon one.

count me in the "lemme know if you sell as a frameset" camp. (and PM'ed as such.)

Ryun
10-07-2016, 04:30 PM
It should be said these framesets had a weight limit of 170-180lbs IIRC
Shouldn't be a problem for someone looking at this size but just a heads up.
I've had two of these and they easily build into the 15-16lb range. Very spry frame not as stiff as some uber oversize but definitely holds its own under power.
It was IF's experiment in minimalism and is very well executed.
I believe all these stopped production once they left Somerville.
Also believe you needed pretty high level experience to put a torch on these tubes so I'd put pretty good money that Lloyd graves or Tyler Evans welded this bike.

bikinchris
10-07-2016, 04:49 PM
It should be said these framesets had a weight limit of 170-180lbs IIRC
Shouldn't be a problem for someone looking at this size but just a heads up.
I've had two of these and they easily build into the 15-16lb range. Very spry frame not as stiff as some uber oversize but definitely holds its own under power.
It was IF's experiment in minimalism and is very well executed.
I believe all these stopped production once they left Somerville.
Also believe you needed pretty high level experience to put a torch on these tubes so I'd put pretty good money that Lloyd graves or Tyler Evans welded this bike.

Independent Fabrication makes a very different version of the Factory Lightweight now. It's higher in price than their Titanium bike and madecwith a mixture of carbon and It.

As for 5he comment about painting stainless, not everyone wants a silver bike.

Pelican
10-07-2016, 05:23 PM
It's not stainless. Price is whatever she told me. Reason it is stated as firm is because most people on Craigslist are flakes or tirekickers. I assumed the folks on here aren't.

Not parting out or selling any other way. If it was my bike I might have been able to work with you guys. This is a rare bike at a great price. Her other bike was more my style.