PDA

View Full Version : surprise, shock...

oracle
07-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Q: What did you think when some of the best riders were put aside before this Tour 2006 started amidst doping allegations?

Armstrong: "Well probably the same thing that everybody thought. It was a feeling of surprise or shock, but also as a fan of cycling, it was some thing that you look at and you think 'Oh, no.' I mean the sport doesn't need that, it's another punch to the face. Quite honestly, I wasn't coming to the Tour de France, and the only reason I came is because of what happened. And I think that now is the time that fans of cycling have to stand up and say, 'I'm a fan.' And I want to come and I want to be supportive, not just of the team, not just of the race, but of the sport of cycling, which to me is still the most beautiful sport there is."

Avispa
07-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Q: What did you think when some of the best riders were put aside before this Tour 2006 started amidst doping allegations?

Armstrong: .....And I think that now is the time that fans of cycling have to stand up and say, 'I'm a fan.' And I want to come and I want to be supportiv...

And these are the words from a guy that wanted to close the roads because fans were getting too close!

And these are the words from a guy that said that "these fat, drunk stupid fans can go to hell...."

Great! Go Lance go!

Go Lance GO AWAY and shut up! GO AWAY!

christian
07-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Lance may ride a bike faster than me, but apparently I know more about bike racing, because I certainly wasn't "shocked" by the revelations that top cyclists might use performance enhancing drugs.

I think ATMO said it best in his FBQ responses.

- Christian

Jason E
07-18-2006, 12:44 PM
And these are the words from a guy that wanted to close the roads because fans were getting too close!

And these are the words from a guy that said that "these fat, drunk stupid fans can go to hell...."

Great! Go Lance go!

Go Lance GO AWAY and shut up! GO AWAY!

Those fans were threatening his life and spitting at him.

saab2000
07-18-2006, 12:48 PM

I agree. Those weren't fans. They were cycling's version of football hooligans. I was happy to see that the barriers now go down the slope about 5 km. Nobody wants to see the results affected by an accident or collision with a spectator, even if it is unintentional.

atmo
07-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Lance may ride a bike faster than me, but apparently I know more about bike racing, because I certainly wasn't "shocked" by the revelations that top cyclists might use performance enhancing drugs.

I think ATMO said it best in his FBQ responses.

- Christian
people actually read that stuff atmo?

Richard
07-18-2006, 01:38 PM
"...It was a feeling of surprise or shock..." Reminds me of the movie "Casablanca" when the captain of the police justified closing Ric's by intoning that he was "..shocked to see gambling..." and then collected his winnings.

oracle
07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
today's velonews interview is also rather amusing.

Avispa
07-18-2006, 07:36 PM

OK, let's leave it at that... OK...

Fixed
07-18-2006, 10:34 PM
I still mad about the badger and lemond now i mad at l.a. too? let's see who can i be mad at on this tour...
forget it, it's over before you know it . bro
cheers

oracle
07-19-2006, 01:01 AM
I still mad about the badger and lemond now i mad at l.a. too? let's see who can i be mad at on this tour...
forget it, it's over before you know it . bro
cheers

don't get mad, get glad!

Elefantino
07-19-2006, 06:08 AM
"...It was a feeling of surprise or shock..." Reminds me of the movie "Casablanca" when the captain of the police justified closing Ric's by intoning that he was "..shocked to see gambling..." and then collected his winnings.

Doping?

Kevan
07-19-2006, 07:12 AM
before the week is out, Lancie-boy will be joining the other blue blazers behind the OLN cardboard desk adding his insight on who he thinks will win the next stage. He wants that yellow jersey too.

I think it would be better if he just climbed into the Discovery car, stuck his head out the sunroof, and with a megaphone pressed to his bouche, scream, "Crank! Crank! Crank! You call yourselves a team?! Come oooonn...George! Get the frickin' lead out!"

Yup, that's what I wanna see.