PDA

View Full Version : Wassup with Gibo?

jeffg
07-17-2006, 03:46 AM
He looked good on the stage to Pla de Beret, and now he's just getting dropped by the rolling peloton on stages that are not the toughest.

I know he rode the Giro as well, but it's too bad to see him suffering like this. I was hoping he would come good for a stage win or shake things up with an attack in the Alps. Now none of the GC riders has any reason to chase him even if he does put in a good attack, if they ever did ... :rolleyes:

Climb01742
07-17-2006, 05:44 AM
cyclingnews.com says he's got a sore throat from hotel air conditioning. hey, at least he's still riding, unlike mayo. what's up with mayo? it seems like the tour just completely psyches him out. or he's one of the unknown clients of fuentes and is off his "meds". either way, what a disappointment. so at least gibo is still, however slowly, turning the pedals over. :rolleyes:

saab2000
07-17-2006, 06:19 AM
He rarely does well outside Italy.

BumbleBeeDave
07-17-2006, 06:41 AM
. . . he ran out of those mints his aunt in Columbia sent him? . . .

BBD

Ray
07-17-2006, 07:40 AM
cyclingnews.com says he's got a sore throat from hotel air conditioning. hey, at least he's still riding, unlike mayo. what's up with mayo? it seems like the tour just completely psyches him out. or he's one of the unknown clients of fuentes and is off his "meds". either way, what a disappointment. so at least gibo is still, however slowly, turning the pedals over. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but he's won at Alpe de Huez once more than I have, so my hat's off to him. He just doesn't seem to have the physical or mental stamina to win a 3 week tour. Most people don't.

-Ray

jeffg
07-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Yeah, but he's won at Alpe de Huez once more than I have, so my hat's off to him. He just doesn't seem to have the physical or mental stamina to win a 3 week tour. Most people don't.

-Ray

a second and two third place finishes!!?? Or is the Giro not a three week tour ;)

Gibo in 2003 was Giro sweetness ...

Ray
07-17-2006, 08:35 AM
a second and two third place finishes!!?? Or is the Giro not a three week tour ;)

Gibo in 2003 was Giro sweetness ...
Sorry, I was answering the question about "what happened to Mayo" from the previous post. Should have been clearer on that or isolated that line from the quote. No, Gibo certainly has quite a history with the Giro.

-Ray

jeffg
07-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Sorry, I was answering the question about "what happened to Mayo" from the previous post. Should have been clearer on that or isolated that line from the quote. No, Gibo certainly has quite a history with the Giro.

-Ray

pardon my brain flatulence ...

swoop
07-17-2006, 09:41 AM
gibo isn't riding for gc.. he is hoping for a stage and doing what he can. he's looking for an alp now and just giving what he can (this from the phone call this morning with my buddy at saunier duval). he is planning on finishing the tour.