PDA

View Full Version : Turner Cyclosys?

fthefox
09-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Are there some Paceliners riding one? I am looking for feedback. Would be used strictly as a cross bike with a single ring up front.

Thank you.

F

Schmed
09-28-2016, 10:13 PM
I've considered it but being Al turned me off a bit. Great looking bike and I think it has clearance for wide tires, too. Maybe 40s?

oldpotatoe
09-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Are there some Paceliners riding one? I am looking for feedback. Would be used strictly as a cross bike with a single ring up front.

Thank you.

F

Saw the title and opened thinking it was a medical condition...haw!!

" I have developed Turner's Cyclosys and the resulting inflamation.....":D

fthefox
09-29-2016, 07:41 AM
Might be... Bike addiction? ;-)

fthefox
09-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Frame material is a question that pops up often. Cross races are short. Efficiency is the key word when it comes to a race bike. Paul Sadoff has been building alu cross bikes for a long time with great success it seems. Dave Turner has lots of experience as a builder too.

sandyrs
09-29-2016, 09:57 AM
I may get one after this season to build a singlespeed for next year. On paper it's a really impressive frame.

Alu still has a bad rap because a lot of people seem stuck in the 90s but I have cx, road, mountain bikes in alu and all are fantastic. It's not that "it's okay that aluminum is harsh because cx races are short"; it's that making assertions on a material-by-material basis without looking at the individual frame is question is utter nonsense every single time.