PDA

View Full Version : looking for the right brake levers

Geeheeb
09-27-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm looking for some new brake levers for a touring bike. I am using a nitto noodle, and I'm looking for some levers that fit similar to the modern shimano 105. I really like that feel. I have looked for some broken Di2 levers, but haven't found any for a reasonable deal for this build. I was thinking about the TRP RRL, or SRAM 500. Anyone using these? Are they going to give me a nice flatter transition than the Tektro levers I have now? What other options should I look at?

thanks!

adamhell
09-27-2016, 04:54 PM
i have nitto noodles with TRP RRL and as long as you use the little plastic insert that comes with the brake levers, you can establish a really nice smooth transition to the hoods. I really like these levers, for looks as well as ergonomics.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/adamleibow/BF29497E-BBEF-4ED8-847B-8D34B040C91D_zpsftkvwpbl.jpg

sonicCows
09-27-2016, 06:12 PM

mhespenheide
09-27-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm looking at the Tektro RL 340, myself. Are those what you're using right now?

Shoeman
09-27-2016, 11:33 PM
I have the Sram S900 and the Origin 8 Classique Sport Road Levers. Both work just fine.

oldpotatoe
09-28-2016, 05:41 AM
I'm looking for some new brake levers for a touring bike. I am using a nitto noodle, and I'm looking for some levers that fit similar to the modern shimano 105. I really like that feel. I have looked for some broken Di2 levers, but haven't found any for a reasonable deal for this build. I was thinking about the TRP RRL, or SRAM 500. Anyone using these? Are they going to give me a nice flatter transition than the Tektro levers I have now? What other options should I look at?

thanks!

I have a pair of 'stripped of shift guts' Campagnolo alloy brake levers. 'Gumby' shape, left one Athena, right Centaur...almost new and very nice bar to lever transition, like the ERGO levers...PM or email for pix.$55 shipped.

Pchisholm172@gmail.com

ColonelJLloyd
09-28-2016, 08:36 AM

So, even though you like them, you don't want to use SLR levers for this build or by "modern 105" do you mean the 11s STI 5800 shape?

Geeheeb
09-28-2016, 09:00 AM
Sorry if that wasn't clear, but I like the shape of the 11 speed 105 STI levers. I use bar ends on this bike, and I'm really happy with them so that is why I'm looking at different brake levers. I will try the TRP RRL from the classifieds here and see whats up.