PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Torque BB cups

mwynne
09-27-2016, 11:31 AM
Have UT Athena cranks, need BB cups (English). I assume Record is the go-to, but should I consider anything else/does it matter?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

thirdgenbird
09-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Record is the only level outside the super record cups that don't have seals. There are a few aftermarket options for press fit bikes, but I don't think there are for a threaded bb.

Get the newest record eps compatible cups and you are good to go.

oldpotatoe
09-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Have UT Athena cranks, need BB cups (English). I assume Record is the go-to, but should I consider anything else/does it matter?

Yes and look for the greenish ones, last gen, tightest bearing tolerances. SR will work but lack interior seals...when installing, lots grease in BB shell, in cups...

mwynne
09-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Yes and look for the greenish ones, last gen, tightest bearing tolerances. SR will work but lack interior seals...when installing, lots grease in BB shell, in cups...
It is surprisingly difficult to identify cup colour from most site's photos!

Hindmost
09-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Yea, the desired Record cups are silver-colored but with a greenish tint. Otherwise the Super Record cups are black, if you are into the whole color thing. (If you have a source for the seals, they can easily be inserted in the SR cups.)

So, Record or Super Record, if they are "EPS Compatible" they are the desired ones.

thirdgenbird
09-27-2016, 02:38 PM
It is surprisingly difficult to identify cup colour from most site's photos!

Yep. As stated, just look for "eps compatible." It's printed on the cup. This will make sure you get the desired green.

mwynne
09-27-2016, 05:38 PM
These, yes?
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/campagnolo-ut-record-outboard-cups-eps-compatible/#pid=4868

Cicli
09-27-2016, 05:40 PM
These, yes?
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/campagnolo-ut-record-outboard-cups-eps-compatible/#pid=4868

Yep, the good ones.