PDA

View Full Version : UK shipping = funny

vqdriver
09-26-2016, 06:04 PM
discussed before, but it's just funny how something from the UK can get to my door faster than from parts of the US.

ribble's order tracking showed 'pending' a couple days after i'd placed the order, then it showed 'picking items' or something to that effect for a day. then 'dispatched' with a tracking number the day after.
the royal post tracking wasn't that helpful. then the box just magically appears at my doorstep the next day.
whaaaa?? okay. cool.

meanwhile, a box shipped a day earlier from NY is somewhere in the midwest and is scheduled for delivery on wednesday.

none of this is urgent stuff, just a curious observation. i'd be interested to know how quickly i could actually get something if they didn't take 3 days to ship it out.

fyi, no customs headache, and this time everything is in retail boxes, whereas i'd previously received items (tho complete) in clear plastic bags.

eBAUMANN
09-26-2016, 06:06 PM
yea, i always liked this...sometimes it can take a couple weeks though, depends who you order from.

i also always kinda liked how the parts were just in plastic bags...no need for more than that really if packed well, just less waste/packaging at the end of the build.

vqdriver
09-26-2016, 06:07 PM
yeah, not a big deal for lacking packaging. wouldn't have cared really if a crankset hadn't been nicked to hell by a cassette.

Kingfisher
09-26-2016, 09:52 PM
Ordered a campy bora wheelset from ribble last Wednesday..delivered to my door today! I think this is about as good as it gets regarding UK shipping.

Gsinill
09-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Not from UK but nothing beats the free expedited shipping for an Icetoolz BB English Tapping & Facing Tool I bought from an eBay seller in Taiwan.
Ordered it Saturday late evening, arrived at my local PO Monday morning.
Funny part was that USPS did not deliver the same day, so at the end it made it faster from Taiwan to the US then it took for the last (literally) 1 mile!