PDA

View Full Version : speaking of Serotta forks?

dirtdigger88
04-05-2004, 08:29 PM
I have a question, on the F2 fork, can someone explain the stickers on the side. They say F2, then below that Titanium, then below that they say "IT", what is the IT, please don't tell me is was ment to mean Ti and someone got it backwards. By the way, I have not experience with an O2 but I have ridden an Ouza Pro before, I now have a F2 and like it. Is it worth the extra jack, I don't know. . . but again on a $6,000 bike, why cut corners? Just don't tell my wife how much I spend. Then there will be some cutting going on. . . but it won't be corners :no:

Jason

Needs Help
04-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Serotta '02 catalog:

Itegrated Technologies

IT - 1+1=10

Every material we use has a set of natural qualities that make it suitable for building world class bicycle frames. Steel, titanium and carbon each have performance features that make them unique. Linear stiffness, torsional stiffness, durability, formability, resistance to galling, flexibility, memory and shock absorption are all features that vary from material to material. Combining materials gives us an opportunity to create an extraordinary range of products by pairing the optimal material to match the design and performance requirements of each part of the bicycle. This is the concept behind Serotta's Integrated Technologies.
-----

The IT term was essentially coined for the Ottrott.

dirtdigger88
04-05-2004, 09:40 PM
thanks, see the problem is I bought the bike in 04 not 02. Had I been able to convince my wife just two years earlier. . . hmmm. :cool:

Thanks though, now I can sleep

Jason

Needs Help
04-05-2004, 09:50 PM
You really have a beautiful bike. I face quite a different situation--I'm going to have to learn to love the mongoloid I'm getting designed. I hope I don't noticeably wince and avert my eyes when we first meet.

We want more pics! We want more pics! :)

dirtdigger88
04-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Why mongoloid? I fit an issue

Jason

Ps. Worse case I will have more pix after Easter

Needs Help
04-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Why mongoloid? Is fit an issue

...too big, not enough flexibility.