PDA

View Full Version : standard for disc wheels

ada@prorider.or
07-15-2006, 06:05 PM
has anyone a idea to have a uniform standard for disc wheels,despite the test facility done the aerodynamic test where there can be large differance´s its a beginning in the wood of numbers

i would say watts needed at 50 km/h at 0 5 15 20 25 30 degree numbers in air at certain dynamic pressure in pascal

then the weight in Newtons also kinetic energy needed at 50 km/h at a fixed speed 50 km/h and fixed dynamic air pressure in pascal also the stiffness in 2 directions in newtons mm also measured with a fixed tyre at fixed pressure in bar

this is attempt to all to have uniform numbers so any one can select what they want .

did i for get something ?????????? (my mind is like a paracute it only works when you open it)

i know this gone be hard but its a beginning

cees

Kahuna
07-15-2006, 06:52 PM
How about this. I propose a physics-based fluid simulation through gradient-based nonlinear optimization. To compute the gradient, simply use an approach from optimal control theory, the adjoint method, which drastically reduces the system’s dependence on the number of control parameters. Obviously this results in a significant improvement over the state-of-the-art, letting you control the simulation of a vastly larger scale, for long sequences with many keyframes.

This physics-based simulation is elementary, and begins with an initial state q0 and repeatedly applies a sequence of operations f i to the state, so that qi+1= fi (qi) for all i ≥ 0, thus advancing the state through time.

And, obviously I don't know what this or cees is talking about but whatever it is, I'm sure it's all good! :beer:

-K

ada@prorider.or
07-15-2006, 07:43 PM
http://www.bikephysics.com/wheel.pdf

a good pdf about wheels

CarbonCycles
07-16-2006, 10:42 AM
LOL that was good Kahuna..oh dear lord, I'm such a geek. hey dees, is it me but it seems that many disc wheels deflect under load. Have you noticed this?