PDA

View Full Version : Sidi boa replacement

terry
09-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Does anybody here know whether Sidi's Ergo 3 boa system is actually a boa product or is it their own? Years ago I had a broken boa cable on some Lake's that Boa Technology replaced for free. I was looking on the Boa site for Sidi replacement cables/buckle and they don't show anything that remotely resembles the Sidi product. Anybody know? Thanks.

unterhausen
09-24-2016, 04:55 PM
call boa and ask them, they're very nice. I had to do that for my lakes

Idris Icabod
09-24-2016, 05:02 PM
I think Sidi uses their own. If you google Technos buckle you can find them for about 30 bucks

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/sidi-tecno-3-buckles

fignon's barber
09-25-2016, 08:03 AM
Sidi make their own. I just had to replace the tecno 3 buckle on a pair of Wires. Nobody sells them at discount either. Bought them from Competitive Cyclist, $35.

rando
09-25-2016, 10:03 AM
Specialized uses BOA. For the last X years of heavy to intermittent use I have gone through at least 5 sets of those free replacement buckles. Sometimes they didn't even survive installation.

4(?) years of riding on Wires and the original 'wires' are still working as good as new. If the outer had the same durability as leather 90's Sidi's they'd be the best shoe going.

binxnyrwarrsoul
09-25-2016, 05:18 PM
If you can use the buckles that come with Ergo2/Energy/Etc. shoes I have at least one NOS. Black and red I think.